sharon sanders
Editor-in-Chief & President
via email -
China Confirms Third Case of Swine Flu in Mainland (Update1)
2009-05-17 08:46:29.93 GMT
(Adds first patient left hospital in sixth paragraph.)
By Eugene Tang
May 17 (Bloomberg) -- China confirmed its third swine flu
infection in an 18-year-old woman who recently returned to
Beijing from school in New York.
The patient arrived in Beijing on May 11 aboard Continental
Airlines flight C089 and traveled home from the airport
accompanied by her mother, the Ministry of Health said in a
statement posted on its Web site late yesterday.
China?s first two swine flu infections, confirmed over the
last week, involved two other students returning to Sichuan and
Shandong provinces in the Asian country from North America. A
meeting of China?s State Council, the nation?s cabinet, convened
May 11 by Premier Wen Jiabao, called for tightening quarantine
measures for people and goods from countries hit by the epidemic.
The Beijing patient didn?t go out to meet anybody else
before feeling ill at about noon on May 13, the ministry said.
The woman is currently in stable condition and her body
temperature is normal, the government said.
China has reported the case to the World Health
Organization and other countries and regions including Hong Kong,
Macau and Taiwan, it said.
The nation?s first swine flu patient, surnamed Bao, in
Sichuan province has recovered and left the hospital today, the
official Xinhua News Agency reported.
China Confirms Third Case of Swine Flu in Mainland (Update1)
2009-05-17 08:46:29.93 GMT
(Adds first patient left hospital in sixth paragraph.)
By Eugene Tang
May 17 (Bloomberg) -- China confirmed its third swine flu
infection in an 18-year-old woman who recently returned to
Beijing from school in New York.
The patient arrived in Beijing on May 11 aboard Continental
Airlines flight C089 and traveled home from the airport
accompanied by her mother, the Ministry of Health said in a
statement posted on its Web site late yesterday.
China?s first two swine flu infections, confirmed over the
last week, involved two other students returning to Sichuan and
Shandong provinces in the Asian country from North America. A
meeting of China?s State Council, the nation?s cabinet, convened
May 11 by Premier Wen Jiabao, called for tightening quarantine
measures for people and goods from countries hit by the epidemic.
The Beijing patient didn?t go out to meet anybody else
before feeling ill at about noon on May 13, the ministry said.
The woman is currently in stable condition and her body
temperature is normal, the government said.
China has reported the case to the World Health
Organization and other countries and regions including Hong Kong,
Macau and Taiwan, it said.
The nation?s first swine flu patient, surnamed Bao, in
Sichuan province has recovered and left the hospital today, the
official Xinhua News Agency reported.