• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Chile-Maintain health warning after two deaths in Florida district from Hanta virus

Tonka

Well-known member
http://www.biobiochile.cl/2011/08/1...lorida-tras-dos-muertes-por-virus-hanta.shtml
Spanish to English translation

Home ?Chile, National
Maintain health warning after two deaths in Florida Hanta virus
Sunday August 14, 2011 | 22:20

RELATED NEWS
Enact health alert in Florida community in Punjab for possible outbreak of Hanta
14 people have died from Hanta so far in 2011: Decree health alert in the B?o-B?o

Health authorities ruled out an outbreak of hantavirus in the B?o-B?o
Although hantavirus was ruled a third suspected case in the district of Florida, Health Warning remains in the area. Minsal staff will continue field work in the rural sector of the B?o-B?o.
Two deaths from Hantavirus led health authorities to focus on preventive work in the town of Florida to prevent new infections and to know the source of risk.
During the week we met a new suspected case, this weekend was dismissed by health authorities.
Claudio Baez, head of the Department of Environmental Health Seremi B?o-B?o, reiterated his call for calm in the area, because there is no epidemic alert.

The health authority announced that it finalized a work of sanitation of the canal that passes through the Village of Florida Population Sergeant, where he could be the focus of risk, in addition there was a rat.
We still await a thorough cleaning of the place that will take place on Tuesday. Added to this are already held meetings with the mayor and local teachers to prevent the spread of the virus that transmits long-tailed mouse.
 
Re: Chile-Maintain health warning after two deaths in Florida district from Hanta virus

http://www.eldivisadero.cl/noticias/?task=show&id=26947
Spanish to English translation

Confirm 2 new cases of Hantavirus: One fatal and one without life-threatening

Thursday August 25, 2011
? One of them is a homeless person with mental problems who was found dead in the street on Monday 15 in Villa Amengual, whose autopsy showed bilateral bronchopneumonia. In the last hours, samples of ISP tested positive to the disease.

Coyhaique. The Institute of Public Health confirmed late on two new cases of Hantavirus in the Aysen region. "Both cases were exposed to obvious risk. One died, another was in stable condition at the regional hospital, "said Health Seremi, Claudio Vallejos.

Case indigent Villa Amengual

One of the confirmed cases corresponds to a 67-year-old homeless man with mental problems, was found dead in the street on Monday 15 in Villa Amengual, whose body was transferred to the post of the town and later the Medical Service Legal Coyhaique to perform an autopsy, which showed bilateral bronchopneumonia. Hantavirus suspected and, on Thursday 19 samples were sent to the Institute of Public Health, whose analysis confirmed in the last hours, the presence of the virus.

"The epidemiological subsequent visit confirmed that the man lived in an obvious risk of contracting the disease, a seedy and the presence of mice. Everything seemed to anticipate that the cause of the disease was Hantavirus, "said the health authority.

Second Case

This is a 24-year-old from the rural El Salto, between Puerto Aysen and Puerto Chacabuco who joined the UCI Regional Hospital on 12 August. Thanks to the experience of medical equipment, according to the latest report, the patient is favorable.

The health authority said that in the late session the Regional Committee of Hantavirus which agreed to maintain the prevention and protection from disease with sectoral approach, to strengthen preventive measures in the mass activities scheduled for holidays and to give priority in obtaining resources to strengthen health kit distribution in areas where people are exposed to risk of contracting Hantavirus.
 
Back
Top