• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Chikungunya cases confirmed in St Vincent

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/latestnews/Chikungunya-cases-confirmed-in-St-Vincent

Chikungunya cases confirmed in St Vincent
Thursday, April 24, 2014 | 10:34 AM

KINGSTOWN, St Vincent (CMC) -- Three cases of the mosquito-borne disease chikungunya, have been confirmed in St Vincent and the Grenadines, a senior health official told the Caribbean Media Corporation on Thursday.

The confirmation comes less than 12 hours after a video was posted on the internet in which a woman from Paget Farm in the northern Grenadine island of Bequia, said she and three other members of her family had been diagnosed with the disease...
 
Re: Chikungunya cases confirmed in St Vincent

april 24, 2014

Health Minister declares outbreak of chikungunya in St. Vincent

The Ministry of Health in St. Vincent and the Grenadines (SVG) has declared an outbreak of the chikungunya virus after three cases were confirmed on the northern Grenadine island of Bequia.

Minister of Health Clayton Burgin, in making the declaration at a press conference Thursday afternoon, said the ministry was informed Wednesday evening that three of four samples sent to Trinidad tested positive.

“Although there are only three confirmed cases, I have been advised by the professionals in this ministry that these are sufficient to now declare an outbreak of the vector-borne disease,” Burgin said at the press conference at which health officials also outlined their response to the virus.

Cases of chikungunya on Bequia were first suspected last week Monday, April 14, and the Ministry of Health gave no such indicated in press releases three days later, in which it said there were no confirmed cases of the disease in SVG, and announced three cycles of fogging against mosquitoes in Bequia.

Health officials at the briefing also defended their decision not to warn last week Thursday about the suspected cases of the disease in Bequia, even as a large number of persons prepared to travel to the northern Grenadine island for Easter celebrations.

It was also revealed at the press briefing that samples were collected for a further 14 persons on the island suspected of having contracted the virus, and those samples will be sent for testing early next week.

I-Witness News

vccarib.gif

worldatlas
 
Re: Chikungunya cases confirmed in St Vincent

Source: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/More-cases-of-chikungunya-reported-in-St-Vincent_16585400

More cases of chikungunya reported in St Vincent
Saturday, May 03, 2014

KINGSTOWN, St Vincent (CMC) ? The Trinidad-based Caribbean Public Health Agency (CARPHA) has confirmed 12 new cases of the mosquito-borne virus chikungunya in St Vincent and the Grenadines, as health authorities step up efforts to eradicate the Aedes Aegypti mosquito.

The Ministry of Health said yesterday that all the cases to date are on the Grenadine island of Bequia...
 
Re: Chikungunya cases confirmed in St Vincent

08/05/2014

| News release More Cases Of Chickungunya In SVG -


The Ministry of Health has confirmed that there are now thirty-nine confirmed laboratory cases of the Chickungunya virus in St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

The Ministry says there are thirty-seven on Bequia and two on the mainland. The Ministry says it is continuing to implement vector control activities against the Aedes Aegypti mosquito that causes the Chickungunya virus.

A release from the Ministry says private sector and other key stakeholders such as NEMO, BRAGSA, the Tourism Authority, the Ministry of Tourism and CWSA are all engaged in the multi-sectoral approach towards fighting this disease.

The Ministry of Health says it will continue active surveillance and island-wide intense vector control campaign. Additionally, several public outreach programs have been held and more are scheduled throughout the country, to sensitize Vincentians about the virus. The Ministry is urging the participation of all individuals in fighting the Aedes Aegypti mosquito and the Chickungunya virus.

Noodles.com
 
Back
Top