• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Central African Republic: Covid-19 cases - 4,747 cases; 62 deaths

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.china.org.cn/world/Off_th...t_75815439.htm

2nd LD Writethru: Central African Republic reports first confirmed case of COVID-19
Xinhua, March 15, 2020

BANGUI, March 14 (Xinhua) -- Central African Republic confirmed on Saturday its first case of COVID-19, according to the country's Ministry of Health and Population.

The patient is a 74-year-old Italian national who has recently been in Milan. He arrived in Bangui on Sunday on a Royal Air Maroc flight, according to the ministry.

The test was carried out by the Pasteur Institute of Bangui. The patient is now being taken care of by health authorities, who are now tracing the patient's close contacts.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Source: https://www.news24.com/Africa/News/...c-steps-up-measures-after-virus-case-20200327


Central African Republic steps up measures after virus case
2020-03-27 20:11

The Central African Republic, a poverty-stricken state that the UN has singled out as highly vulnerable to coronavirus, has stepped up measures over fears that the disease is spreading locally.

President Faustin-Archange Touadera, in a statement received by AFP on Friday, said that after four cases of infection had been detected, all among people coming from abroad, a fifth had now surfaced.

In this light, "there are grounds for fearing local transmission" of coronavirus, he said...
 
Source: https://www.nrc.no/news/2020/march/...pe-with-covid-19-in-central-african-republic/

Just three ventilators to cope with Covid-19 in Central African Republic
Published 31. Mar 2020

Just three ventilators are available to help save the lives of people who contract coronavirus in Central African Republic, a country of almost five million people. The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is calling on the international community to support countries, which are gravely unprepared to cope with the spread of the virus...

...Six cases of coronavirus have been confirmed in CAR so far. While no local transmission has been reported, there is a risk of the virus going undetected due to a lack of tests in the country...
 
Source: https://www.alwihdainfo.com/Coronav...D-19-en-Republique-Centrafricaine_a85142.html

Coronavirus - Central African Republic: Confirmation of 7 and 8 cases of COVID-19 in the Central African Republic
- April 2, 2020

The Ministry of Health and Population announces the confirmation of 7 and 8 ... cases of COVID-19 in the Central African Republic. These are two subjects residing in Bangui. One is a 32 year old male and the other is a 29 year old female.

The confirmation was made on April 1, 2020 by the Pasteur Institute of Bangui, WHO reference laboratory.

These two new cases and the two previous ones confirm the existence of a local transmission.

The Ministry of Health and Population thanks the two patients for their cooperation and tells them about identifying the contacts.

Arrangements are made for case management as well as research and follow-up, contacts.

The Ministry of Health and Population reiterates its call for calm, solidarity and cooperation.
Distributed by APO Group for Ministry of Health and Population, Central African Republic.
 
https://www.france24.com/en/20200404...health-systems


The coronavirus pandemic could narrow one gaping inequality in Africa, where some heads of state and other elite jet off to Europe or Asia for health care unavailable in their nations. As countries including their own impose dramatic travel restrictions, they might have to take their chances at home.


For years, leaders from Benin to Zimbabwe have received medical care abroad while their own poorly funded health systems limp from crisis to crisis. Several presidents, including ones from Nigeria, Malawi and Zambia, have died overseas.

The practice is so notorious that a South African health minister, Aaron Motsoaledi, a few years ago scolded, “We are the only continent that has its leaders seeking medical services outside the continent, outside our territory. We must be ashamed.”

Now a wave of global travel restrictions threatens to block that option for a cadre of aging African leaders. More than 30 of Africa's 57 international airports have closed or severely limited flights, the U.S. State Department says. At times, flight trackers have shown the continent's skies nearly empty.

......
Health-care spending half global average

Spending on health care in Africa is roughly 5% of gross domestic product, about half the global average. That's despite a pledge by African Union members in 2001 to spend much more. Money is sometimes diverted to security or simply pilfered, and shortages are common.

Ethiopia had just three hospital beds per 10,000 people in 2015, according to World Health Organization data, compared to two dozen or more in the U.S. and Europe. Central African Republic has just three ventilators in the entire country. In Zimbabwe, doctors have reported doing bare-handed surgeries for lack of gloves.

Health experts warn that many countries will be overwhelmed if the coronavirus spreads, and it is already uncomfortably close. Several ministers in Burkina Faso have been infected, as has a top aide to Nigeria’s president. An aide to Congo's leader died.
 
Source: https://corbeaunews-centrafrique.co...nfirme-un-nouveau-cas-de-transmission-locale/

Covid-19: the Central African Republic confirms a new case of local transmission.
By
Anselme MBATA, Journalist and Editor-in-Chief of the CNC -
April 4, 2020
Bangui (Central African Republic) - This is the ninth case officially confirmed by the Ministry of Population Health, which also confirms that it is also a case of local transmission, a fourth in all.


According to the press release from the Ministry of Health of the population, the confirmation of this new case was made this Thursday, April 2 by the Rwanda biomedical health laboratory Kigali. It is indeed a local transmission.

The patient is 44 years old, male, living in Bangui, capital of the Central African Republic.

CAR currently has a total of nine (9) cases of people who test positive for Covid-19, four (4) of which are local to the virus.

But what is surprising in this story is that the Central African Republic no longer has reagents for screening for Covid-19 disease on its territory. The country is now turning to Rwanda to carry out screening tests for this disease. This shows how the Central African Republic has not really prepared for this Covid-19 pandemic which has already claimed the lives of several thousand people worldwide. This is why the authorities are now turning to God's mercy to prevent the spread of Covid-19 in the Central African Republic.
 
Source: https://www.alwihdainfo.com/Coronav...9-sur-le-territoire-centrafricain_a85546.html

Coronavirus - Central African Republic: Confirmation of the 11th case of COVID-19 in the Central African territory

- April 9, 2020

The Ministry of Health and Population announces the confirmation of the 11th case of COVID-19 on the Central African territory. This is a 43-year-old male subject living in Bangui.

Confirmation is made today, April 08, 2020 by the Pasteur Institute of Bangui, reference laboratory of the World Health Organization.

The Ministry of Health and Population thanks the patient for his cooperation and counts on him for the identification of contacts.

Arrangements are made for patient treatment as well as contact tracing and follow-up.

The Ministry of Health and Population reiterates its call for calm, solidarity and cooperation.
Distributed by APO Group for Ministry of Health and Population, Central African Republic ...
 
Source: http://french.peopledaily.com.cn/Afrique/n3/2020/0428/c96852-9684787.html

(COVID-19) Central African Republic: a relaxation observed in the application of barrier measures against the coronavirus
Xinhua | 04/28/2020 9:02 a.m.

A relaxation in the observation of the barrier measures against the coronavirus are noted recently in the Central African Republic (CAR), while the country reached Monday the bar of 50 confirmed cases of COVID-19.

Last Sunday, almost all the bistros reopened their doors and many customers gathered there in the capital Bangui, and the rallies resumed again, found a correspondent for Xinhua.

Many faithful have resumed their journey to places of worship, a phenomenon yet denounced by the government and religious leaders.

At national borders, according to local sources, passengers from Cameroon and other neighboring countries are making detours to escape controls, which means that several imported cases have been detected in recent days by the Central African health authorities.

To date, CAR has reported a total of 50 confirmed cases of COVID-19, including nine cases reported on Monday. These are eight imported cases and one case of local contamination.

To strengthen the fight against the coronavirus, the Central African government declared on Monday the extension of a renewable month of certain barrier measures, in particular the closure of Bangui airport and social distancing in the means of public transport.

At border levels, the Central African government demanded all passengers from neighboring Cameroon to undergo a mandatory coronavirus test. Navigation on the course of Oubangui, the main river serving as a long border with the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), is also suspended.
 
Source: https://corbeaunews-centrafrique.co...ulation-confirme-14-nouveaux-cas-du-covid-19/

CAR: The Ministry of Population Health confirms 14 new cases of covid-19.
By Anselme MBATA, Journalist and Chief Editor of the CNC -
April 30, 2020

Bangui (Central African Republic) - According to the Ministry of Population Health, the 14 new cases are of male sex, of various nationalities. Their age range ranges from 25 to 56. They are currently being cared for in the treatment center in Bangui. This brings in all sixty-four (64) cases officially confirmed by the health authorities of the Central African Republic, this Thursday, April 30, 2020.

It was in a press release dated April 30, 2020 that Minister of Public Health Dr. Pierre Soms? announced to the public the confirmation of fourteen new cases of Covid-19 in the Central African Republic. These are subjects of various nationalities, male. The age range ranges from 25 to 56 years old. The confirmation was made after diagnostic tests carried out between April 28 and 30 at the Pasteur Institute in Bangui, a WHO (World Health Organization) reference laboratory in the Central African Republic.

In his press release, the Minister of Health also indicated that among the 14 newly infected subjects, 2 are from local transmission, and 12 are imported cases, arrived in the Central African Republic by road. They are currently being taken care of with all the necessary arrangements for tracing and identifying their contacts.

Officially, with these fourteen (14) new cases, the Central African Republic now has sixty-four (64) cases of the new coronavirus on its territory.

At this time, it is unclear what condition the two people infected with this virus were suspected of before going on to laboratory tests.

Note that among the 50 confirmed cases, the Ministry of Public Health confirms that 10 are cured of their disease, and left the treatment center after the advice of medical specialists.
 
Source: https://www.africa-newsroom.com/pre...es-cas-confirmes-de-covid19-est-de-94?lang=fr

Coronavirus - Central African Republic: The total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 is 94

Arrangements are made for patient treatment as well as contact tracing and follow-up
BANGUI, Central African Republic, May 4, 2020 / APO Group / -

The Ministry of Health and Population announces the confirmation of 22 new cases of COVID-19 in the Central African territory aged 18 to 66 years including 12 new imported cases and 10 cases of local transmission, 19 cases are male and 3 cases are female. The imported cases are of several nationalities, arrived in Bangui by land.

The Ministry of Health and Population reiterates its call for calm, solidarity and cooperation

Confirmation was made after a diagnostic test carried out between May 1 and 3, 2020 by the Institut Pasteur in Bangui, a reference laboratory of the World Health Organization and the National Laboratory of Clinical Biology and Health. Public.

To date, the total number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 is 94.

Arrangements are made for patient treatment as well as contact tracing and follow-up.

The Ministry of Health and Population reiterates its call for calm, solidarity and cooperation.

Distributed by APO Group for Ministry of Health and Population, Central African Republic.
 
Source: https://corbeaunews-centrafrique.co...9-detecte-a-bria-par-le-msf-panique-la-ville/
CAR: a first suspected case of Covid-19 detected in Bria by the MSF panics the city.
By
Mo?se BANAFIO, Journalist and CNC correspondent at Bria -
May 7, 2020


Bria (Central African Republic) - The patient is a Fulani male from the city of Ityp, about 496 kilometers from Bangui. He has been placed in solitary confinement, along with other MSF workers in Bria, and panic is taking over the town.

Since March 14, the date on which the Ministry of Population Health had announced the confirmation of the first case of Covid-19 in the Central African Republic, no confirmed case of this disease has been detected in provincial towns. But since last weekend, things could change.

Indeed, last week, a Fulani patient, sick, coming from the sub-prefecture of Ityp, located in the prefecture of Ouaka, was hospitalized in Bria, chief town of the prefecture of Haute Kotto. But the patient, who was examined this weekend at first in the block by agents of the Ministry of Health, then by the doctors and nurses of the MSF, presented epidemiological and clinical characteristics similar to the SARS-COV-2 virus. , agent responsible for the new respiratory disease called "Covid-19". To do this, a thorough laboratory diagnosis is more than necessary.

Thus this week, a NASOPHARYNG? / ORO-PHARYNG? sample of the patient was sent to the laboratory of the Institut Pasteur in Bangui for examination.

In the meantime, the patient, as well as all the nursing staff who had been in contact with him, were placed in isolation at the MSF for several days.

At the same time, in the districts, the news of the patient's confinement raises a lot of concern among the populations while the result of the test at the laboratory of the Pasteur Institute is not yet known.

In addition, in Bouar, capital of the Nana-Mamb?r? prefecture, a laboratory team from the Institut Pasteur had arrived in the city this week to test certain suspected Covid-19 subjects in the city. The result is still awaited.
 
Source: http://french.xinhuanet.com/afrique/2020-05/09/c_139042360.htm

(COVID-19) CAR transcends the barrier of 100 cases of infection
French.xinhuanet.com | Posted on 2020-05-09 at 09:07

BANGUI, May 8 (Xinhua) - The Central African Republic (CAR) reported 49 new cases of the new coronavirus on Friday, bringing the total number of infections in the country to 143, the Ministry of Health and population.

Among these 49 new cases confirmed on May 1 and 7, 32 are cases imported by road and 17 others come from local contamination, he said in a statement.

The country detected its first case on March 14. Ten patients have since been cured, with no deaths reported.

Faced with the increase in COVID-19 cases, the government has just created an isolation center in the capital, Bangui, with a capacity of around 200 beds. According to the Minister of Health and Population, Pierre Soms?, this center will allow screening, isolation, treatment and tracing of patients.
 
Source: https://corbeaunews-centrafrique.co...ulation-confirme-36-nouveaux-cas-du-covid-19/

CAR: The Ministry of Population Health confirms 36 new cases of covid-19.
By Anselme MBATA, Journalist and Editor-in-Chief of the CNC -
May 10, 2020


Bangui (Central African Republic) - According to the Ministry of Population Health, the 36 new cases are male and female, aged 8 to 52 years. They are currently taken care of by the country's health authorities. This brings a total of one hundred seventy-nine (179) cases officially confirmed by the Ministry of Population Health on Sunday, May 10, 2020.

It was in a press release dated May 8, 2020 that the Minister of Public Health, Doctor Pierre Soms?, announced to the public the confirmation of thirty-six (36 (new cases of Covid-19 in the Central African Republic. acts of the male and female sex. Their age range varies from 8 to 52. The confirmation was made after diagnostic tests carried out between May 8 and 09, 2020 at the national laboratory of clinical biological and public health, as well as the Institut Pasteur, a WHO (World Health Organization) reference laboratory in the Central African Republic.

In his press release, the Minister of Health also indicated that among the 36 newly infected subjects, 13 are from local transmission, and 23 are imported cases. They are currently being taken care of with all the necessary arrangements for tracing and identifying their contacts.

Officially, with these thirty-six (36) new cases (29 men and 7 women), the Central African Republic currently has one hundred and seventy-nine (179) cases of the new coronavirus on its territory.

At this time, it is unknown what condition the 36 people infected with this virus were suspected of before going on to laboratory tests.

Note that among the 179 confirmed cases, the Ministry of Public Health confirms that 12 are cured of their disease, and are released from treatment after the advice of medical specialists. Furthermore, no case of death has been recorded since the confirmation of Covid-19 in the Central African Republic on March 14, 2020.
 
Back
Top