• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Cape Verde: Covid-19 cases - 4,651 cases; 44 deaths

Source: https://www.sapo.pt/noticias/atuali...-casos-em-cabo-verde_5f29acbf6edb79452fd80576


Another death and 48 new cases in Cape Verde raise total to 2,631
One more person died in Cape Verde because of covid-19, increasing the total number of deaths to 26, with another 48 positive cases, with the cumulative number rising to 2,631 infections, the Ministry of Health announced today.


In a statement, that Cape Verdean ministry said that the country's virology laboratories had analyzed 430 samples in the last 24 hours, having found 48 new positive cases.

Most of the new cases were diagnosed on the island of Santiago (44), distributed by the municipalities of Praia (35), Santa Cruz and Tarrafal (2 each), Ribeira Grande and S?o Miguel (1 each) and S?o Salvador do Mundo (3) .

The remaining four cases were recorded on the islands of Sal (3) and Ribeira Brava, in S?o Nicolau (1).

Also according to the Ministry of Health, the country recorded yet another death associated with the new coronavirus in the city of Praia, increasing the total number of deaths in the country to 26.

In the last 24 hours, the country has counted 19 more recovered patients, increasing the total of people discharged to 1,930 so far.

The country started to count an accumulated of 2,631 positive cases accumulated since March 19, of which two foreign patients transferred to their countries and has 673 active cases at this moment.

In Africa, there are 20,630 confirmed deaths in more than 970,000 infected in 55 countries, according to the most recent statistics on the pandemic in that continent.

The covid-19 pandemic has already claimed more than 694,000 deaths and infected more than 18.3 million people in 196 countries and territories, according to a report by the French agency AFP.

The disease is transmitted by a new coronavirus detected in late December in Wuhan, a city in central China.
 
Source: https://www.noticiasaominuto.com/mu...mais-uma-morte-e-58-novos-casos-em-cabo-verde

Covid-19: Another death and 58 new cases in Cape Verde
Cape Verde recorded yet another death caused by the new coronavirus, bringing the number of deaths in the country to 27, and another 58 new infections, increasing the total to 2,689, health authorities reported today.
Minute News
08/05/20 20:41 ‧ 2 hours ago by Lusa


In a press conference to take stock of the situation of the covid-19 pandemic in Cape Verde, the director of the Disease Prevention and Control Service, Jorge Noel Barreto, said that the death occurred on the island of Sal and it was a 84-year-old man who had a lung problem.

According to information received from the local police station, Jorge Barreto said the patient had been hospitalized for three days and died on Tuesday, increasing the total number of deaths in the country to 27 due to the new coronavirus.

The same source added that 298 samples were analyzed in the virology laboratories, which resulted in another 58 new cases in the last 24 hours.

Most new positive cases were diagnosed on the island of Santiago (39), while the remaining 19 were recorded on the island of Sal.

The same health official said that the country registered an additional 25 people recovered in the last 24 hours, making a cumulative total of 1,955 patients discharged from hospital (72.7%).

Thus, Cape Verde started to account for an accumulated of 2,689 cases of covid-19, since March 19, of which two patients were transferred to their countries, and at the moment has 705 active cases (26.2%) and in institutional and home follow-up .

Throughout the country, there are 419 people in quarantine, according to Jorge Barreto...
 
Source: https://visao.sapo.pt/atualidade/po...abo-verde-aumentam-total-para-2-883-infecoes/

10.08.2020 at 19h55
Covid-19: 25 more cases in Cape Verde increase total to 2,883 infections
Lusa
Cape Verde recorded 25 more new cases of infection with the new coronavirus, all on the island of Santiago, increasing the total accumulated in the country to 2,883 infections, the country's health authorities announced today.

The data were advanced in the city of Praia, by the national director of Health, Artur Correia, indicating that all new cases were registered on the island of Santiago, the largest in the city of Praia (16).

Tarrafal (03), Santa Cruz and S?o Salvador do Mundo (02), Ribeira Grande and S?o Louren?o dos ?rg?os (01) were the other municipalities that registered new cases in the last 24 hours, out of a total of 167 samples analyzed by virology laboratories nationals.

At the same press conference, the health official said that the country recorded 42 more cases of recovered people, out of a total of 2,128 patients discharged.

With the new data, the country now has a total of 2,883 infections since March 19, continues with 32 deaths, two patients transferred to their countries and currently has 721 active cases.

According to Artur Correia, the country recorded an average of 260 weekly cases in the last six epidemiological weeks, with a “good walk” in terms of decrease, hoping that the trend will continue in the coming weeks.

In the last 24 hours, the Ministry of Health spokesman said that 47 suspicious cases were reported across the country and 16 people hospitalized, one of them in a serious condition at Hospital Agostinho Neto, in Praia.

Regarding the number of deaths registered so far, the national director of Health indicated that in terms of sex there were 16 men and 16 women, the majority in Praia (21), with an average age of 68 years.

The youngest patient who died was 18 years old while the oldest was 92 years old, according to Artur Correia, referring that the majority of deaths were registered in people over 50 years old.

So far, the country has made a total of 43,400 fast rests across the territory, continued the director, for whom there is still no collapse of the national health system and which health authorities have given the maximum.

“Of course, everyone is apprehensive, but the data that I have put forward is the real data and that reflects what happens in the different health structures,” said the health professional, who appealed to the Cape Verdeans for their trust, to always be aware that the country is facing something serious and dangerous and that it kills people.

In Africa, there are 23,269 confirmed deaths in more than one million infected people in 55 countries, according to the most recent statistics on the pandemic in that continent.

The covid-19 pandemic has already claimed more than 731,000 deaths and infected more than 19.8 million people in 196 countries and territories, according to a report by the French agency AFP.

The disease is transmitted by a new coronavirus detected in late December in Wuhan, a city in central China.
 
Source: https://visao.sapo.pt/visaosaude/20...rde-regista-33-o-obito-e-mais-37-casos-novos/


VISION Health
11.08.2020 at 19h51
Lusa
Covid-19: Cape Verde registers 33rd death and 37 more new cases

One more person died in Cape Verde due to the new coronavirus, bringing to 33 the number of deaths in the country, which registered 37 more positive cases, in an accumulated of 2,920 infections

One more person died in Cape Verde due to the new coronavirus, bringing to 33 the number of deaths in the country, which registered 37 more positive cases, in an accumulated of 2,920 infections, informed the Ministry of Health today.

According to the Cape Verdean ministry, the most recent deadly victim occurred in the city of Praia, which now has a total of 22 people who died from the disease.

According to the same source, the country's laboratories analyzed 294 samples, of which 37 gave a positive result.

Most of the new cases were registered on the island of Santiago (36), distributed by the municipalities of Praia (32), Ribeira Grande (2), S?o Domingos and Santa Cruz (one each).

In the same statement, the Ministry of Health reported that the country registered an additional 20 cases of people recovered from the disease, now having 2,148 patients discharged.

Of the total of 2,920 cases accumulated since March 19, the country still records two patients transferred to their countries and currently has 737 active cases.

In Africa, there are 23,583 confirmed deaths in more than one million infected people in 55 countries, according to the most recent statistics on the continent's pandemic.

The covid-19 pandemic has already claimed more than 736,000 deaths and infected more than 20.1 million people in 196 countries and territories, according to a report by the French agency AFP.

The disease is transmitted by a new coronavirus detected in late December in Wuhan, a city in central China.
 
Source: https://expressodasilhas.cv/pais/2020/08/12/cabo-verde-com-3000-casos-acumulados-de-covid-19/70869

Cape Verde with 3000 accumulated cases of COVID-19
By Dulcina Mendes, 12 Aug 2020 17:28

Cape Verde today reached 3000 accumulated cases of COVID-19, with the diagnosis of 80 new positive cases.

According to the epidemiological bulletin released today, of the 322 samples processed in the virology laboratories over several days, 80 tested positive. Of these: 69 in Praia (11 samples on 08/09 and 58 on 08/08), one in Santa Cruz, one in Ribeira Grande de Santiago and nine in Sal (all of them referring to 10/08).

The samples from S?o Vicente (63), Tarrafal de Santiago (1), S?o Salvador do Mundo (1) and Santa Catarina de Santiago (15), tested negative.

Today, another 24 people were discharged, 17 from Praia and seven from Santa Cruz.

With the updated data, the country now counts 793 active cases, 2172 recovered, 33 deaths, 2 transferred and, a total of 3000 accumulated positive cases of COVID-19.

In this sense, the Ministry of Health and Social Security reinforces the call for people to stay at home and take appropriate care to prevent the spread of COVID-19.

The COVID-19 pandemic has already claimed more than 743,000 deaths and infected more than 20.3 million people in 196 countries and territories, according to a report by the French agency AFP.
 
Source: https://expressodasilhas.cv/pais/20...om-73-novos-casos-e-mais-60-recuperados/70881

Cape Verde with 73 new cases and 60 more recovered
By Dulcina Mendes, 13 Aug 2020 17:04

Cape Verde has registered 73 new COVID-19 infections in the last few hours, 59 of which are in Praia. There are also 60 more people recovered.

According to the epidemiological bulletin of the Ministry of Health and Social Security, among the 437 samples processed in the virology laboratories, on the 12th, 73 positive cases were diagnosed: Praia - 59; Ribeira Grande de Santiago - two; Santa Catarina - two; Santa Cruz - five; S?o Salvador do Mundo-um; Tarrafal de Santiago - one and Sal-three.

Today another 60 people were discharged: 29 in Praia, two in Santa Catarina, one in S?o Salvador do Mundo, one in Tarrafal, 22 in Sal, one in S?o Miguel, one in S?o Domingos and three in S?o Nicolau.

With this update, the country now counts 806 active cases, 2232 recovered, 33 deaths, 2 transferred and, a total of 3073 accumulated positive cases of COVID-19.

The Ministry of Health and Social Security reinforces the call for people to comply with social distance, wear a mask and practice hand hygiene and other recommendations from health authorities, to avoid the spread of COVID-19.

According to a report made by the French agency AFP, the COVID-19 pandemic has already caused more than 749 thousand deaths and infected more than 20.6 million people in 196 countries and territories.
 
Source: https://expressodasilhas.cv/pais/2020/08/14/63-novos-casos-de-covid-19-em-cabo-verde/70904

63 new cases of COVID-19 in Cape Verde
By Dulcina Mendes, 14 Aug 2020 16:25

Cape Verde has registered 63 more COVID-19 infections in the past hours. With these new infections, the country now counts 3136 accumulated positive cases of COVID-19

According to the epidemiological bulletin of the Ministry of Health and Social Security released today, of the 341 samples analyzed in the virology laboratories, 63 new positive cases were diagnosed: 19 in Sal and the rest in Santiago (Praia com 27, Ribeira Grande de Santiago nine, Santa Catarina de Santiago one, S?o Salvador do Mundo one, S?o Domingos three andTarrafal de Santiago three).

The samples from Santa Cruz (4), S?o Miguel (2), S?o Vicente (42), Fogo (2) and S?o Nicolau (2), all tested negative.

Today, however, 22 more patients were discharged, 21 in Praia and one in Santa Cruz.

With the updated data, the country now counts 847 active cases, 2254 recovered, 33 deaths, 2 transferred and, a total of 3136 accumulated positive cases of COVID-19.

The Ministry of Health and Social Security reinforces the call for people to comply with social distance, wear a mask and practice hand hygiene and other recommendations from health authorities, to avoid the spread of COVID-19.

The COVID-19 pandemic has already claimed more than 754,000 deaths and infected almost 21 million people in 196 countries and territories, according to a report by the French agency AFP.
 
Source: https://expressodasilhas.cv/pais/2020/08/17/fogo-registra-primeiros-casos-de-covid-19/70932

Fogo records first cases of COVID-19
BySheilla Ribeiro, 17 Aug 2020 12:20

Today, Fogo Island recorded the first two cases of COVID-19. These are two ladies from Mosteiros who have been hospitalized for five days at the Regional Hospital S?o Francisco de Assis and whose infection was confirmed by the PCR test.

Contacted by Expresso das Ilhas, Evandro Monteiro, director of the Regional Hospital, said that one of the patients had direct contact with someone from Praia and that the Health Department will proceed with an investigation to find out whether or not this is a case of community transmission. .

Speaking to Inforpress, Evandro Monteiro, also mentioned that one of the patients is 40 years old and the other 65.

With this diagnosis now known, Fogo joins the island list with the registration of COVID-19 cases. So far, the island Brava is the only one without known cases of the disease.

Cape Verde has so far recorded 827 active cases, 2317 recovered and 35 deaths, in a total of 3,182 accumulated cases.
 
Back
Top