Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.
Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.
FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster.
The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website.
By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.
Nine dead after norovirus outbreak at B.C. care home: chief medical officer
By: The Canadian Press
Tuesday, Jul. 30, 2013 at 11:24 PM
VICTORIA - The Vancouver Island Health Authority says nine people are dead and 100 patients and 50 staff members have become sick this month after a norvirus outbreak at a seniors' home in Victoria, B.C...
Dozens fall ill during norovirus outbreak at care home
By Lindsey Kines, Victoria Times Colonist July 31, 2013 1:18 AM
The norovirus has swept through the Selkirk Place residential care facility in Victoria over the past three weeks, infecting more than 100 residents and 50 staff with gastrointestinal illness.
Outbreaks of the virus have also closed two summer camps for children on Vancouver Island and one in Washington state, said Dr. Richard Stanwick, chief medical health officer with the Vancouver Island Health Authority.
"This is a virus that's always in the community," he said...
Deaths triple the norm during norovirus outbreak at Victoria care home
Lindsay Kines / Times Colonist
August 7, 2013
The number of people who died during a norovirus outbreak at Selkirk Place last month was three times higher than usual for that time of year, the Vancouver Island Health Authority confirmed late Wednesday.
Medical health officer Dr. Dee Hoyano also said a food handler may have been responsible for the rapid spread of illness, which causes vomiting and diarrhea.
Hoyano made the comments in a statement posted on the authority?s website declaring the outbreak over at the residential care facility for seniors...