• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Botswana: Diarrhoea outbreaks 2012

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
Diarrhoea outbreak claims seventeen lives
Written by ...........
Thursday, 28 June 2012 12:59
Out of a total of 128 cases of diarrhoea reported in the Ngamiland District, 17 lives have been lost since the outbreak, the Daily News states.

North West District Council (NWDC) chairperson Lathang Molonda reportedly said the outbreak has affected mostly children between six and 24 months since it was declared on June 15 .


...
http://www.gazettebw.com/index.php?...s-seventeen-lives&catid=18:headlines&Itemid=2
 
Re: Botswana: Diarrhoea outbreak claims seventeen lives

Re: Botswana: Diarrhoea outbreak claims seventeen lives

MAUN DIARHHOEA OUTBREAK HALTED
Posted by THEVOICEBW on July 6, 20121


A diarrhoea outbreak in Maun which killed 17 babies in two weeks has been halted,Letsholathebe Hospital Superintendent Maxwell Mungisi has said.
As an indication that the severe diarrhoea causing rotavirus has been put under control, 84 cases we reported at the hospital this week compared to 173 cases that were recorded last week with only one of the cases being fatal.
...
http://www.thevoicebw.com/2012/07/06/maun-diarhhoea-outbreak-halted/
 
Re: Botswana: Diarrhoea outbreak claims seventeen lives

Re: Botswana: Diarrhoea outbreak claims seventeen lives

Diarrhoea outbreak kills five in Phikwe
CALISTUS KOLANTSHO
CORRESPONDENT

SELEBI-PHIKWE: The Selebi-Phikwe Government Hospital Superintendent, Dr Joseph Sharma has confirmed that a diarrhoea outbreak has killed five babies in the copper mining town.

Sharma told Mmegi this week that they have recorded 151 cases of diarrhoea since the outbreak was noticed on July 4 when many babies were admitted at the hospital.
He said the stools of 99 percent of the babies tested positive for Rotavirus.
...
http://www.mmegi.bw/index.php?sid=1&aid=1822&dir=2012/July/Friday20
 
Back
Top