• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Bolivia Declares Bubonic Plague Alert on Peru Border

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.laht.com/article.asp?ArticleId=364269&CategoryId=14919

Bolivia Declares Bubonic Plague Alert on Peru Border

LA PAZ ? Bolivia?s public health authorities declared the province of La Paz on epidemiological alert owing to an outbreak of bubonic plague detected in communities along the border with Peru, the government said Tuesday.

The provincial head of epidemiology, Rene Barrientos, told the media that a boy of 14 has died of the illness and another three suspected cases have been found in the municipality of Apolo, in the northern part of the region...
 
Re: Bolivia Declares Bubonic Plague Alert on Peru Border

Source: http://news.sky.com/skynews/Home/Wo..._Health_Alert_As_Teenager_Dies_In_La_Paz_Area


Bolivia Plague Alert After Teenage Boy Dies
12:54pm UK, Wednesday August 25, 2010
Lea Jakobiak, Sky News Online

A health alert has been issued in Bolivia after a 14-year-old boy died from bubonic plague.

At least eight people are suffering from the disease in Apolo, a town with a population of 5,000 on the border with Peru.


The teenager was the third person to have died as a result of the outbreak in the past two months...
 
Re: Bolivia Declares Bubonic Plague Alert on Peru Border

http://www.promedmail.org/pls/apex/..._BACK_PAGE,F2400_P1001_PUB_MAIL_ID:1050,84682

Archive Number 20100907.3219
Published Date 07-SET-2010
Subject PRO / POR> Plague: Bolivia (02) (Apolo, La Paz)


PLAGUE: BOLIVIA (02) (APOLLO, LA PAZ)
**********************************
Uma Mensagem / A Message / of ProMED-mail <http://www.promedmail.org>
ProMED-mail e um program da / is a program of the International Society
for
Infectious Diseases <http://www.isid.org>

Data: Ter?a-feira / Tuesday, 07 setembro / September 2010
De: Promed-Port <Promed-Port@promedmail.org>
Fonte: La Prensa [09/07/2010]
http://www.laprensa.com.bo/noticias/7-9-2010/noticias/07-09-2010_3588.php

6 confirmed cases of bubonic plague

The containment squad that traveled to the town of Apollo to eliminate
fleas and rats in the region reported that so far this year, six
confirmed cases of bubonic plague in the area.


Rene Barrientos, head of the Epidemiology Unit of Service
Departmental Health (Headquarters), reported that five of these cases have already been
treaties. Instead one of them, who gave the alarm, has died.
Barrientos said that with the work of the brigade in Apollo, was detected
At least 30 communities in the region are pestiginosas and Curiza and San
Pedro are the most affected.

He said the locals are accustomed to living with the plague and the
that exist in rodents. "Because there is a single species, but are
several. "

Moreover, C?sar Cocarico, governor of La Paz, said that thanks to
that early intervention brigade, the region is free from
disease at least the next six months. Even then be carried out
A new fumigation.

Barrientos said that only people are free of rodents
but the area is infested jungle.

The team traveled on 26 August for the fumigation of communities
Apollo was formed by 30 people, plus forces personnel
Armed.

The epidemiologist also reported that requested the municipality that builds a
medical center in this area within six months. The venues will grant the
personal care.

Moreover, during the raid were discovered several cases of
leishmaniasis, a disease that eats away the skin, caused by
bite of a mosquito called lutsome.

"On the way," he said shows people that even have lost
nose this disease, and people can not do anything because it is a
pathology of the poor. "
 
Back
Top