• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Bahrain - State news agency: Coronavirus MERS case transferred to Saudi hospital - April 11, 2016

sharon sanders

Editor-in-Chief & President
hat tip Shiloh


[TABLE="border: 0, cellpadding: 0, cellspacing: 0"]
[TR]
[TD="class: hed_news2, width: 550, align: left"]MERS patient to be transferred to Saudi hospital[/TD]
[TD="width: 220, align: right"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="class: text_news2, colspan: 2"] 10 : 20 PM - 11/04/2016


Manama, Apr.11 (BNA): A patient suffering from the Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) is to be transferred to a Saudi Hospital for medical follow-up.
The Saudi medical team coordinated the move with the special committee in charge of following up the MERS-infected patient.

Royal Medical Services Commander Major-General Professor Shaikh Khalid bin Ali Al-Khalifa thanked the Saudi medical team for their cooperation and quick response to the demand of the BDF Military Hospital.

He commended the support provided by the Health Minister, Undersecretary and all health personnel.

He also extended thanks to Dr. Badran Risan and all the personnel of the Mohammed bin Khalifa Specialist Cardiac Centre for the prompt medical and administrative procedures.

Meanwhile, Major Dr. Manaf bin Mohammed Al-Qahtani said all people who were in close contact with patient had been surveyed in less than 12 hours after diagnose the patient?s disease and activating the preventive contingency plan.

A number of people working at the Mohammed bin Khalifa Specialist Cardiac Centre and BDF Military Hospital who came close to the patient underwent comprehensive check-ups and tested negative.


A H N

BNA 1913 GMT 2016/04/11

http://www.bna.bh/portal/en/news/721666

[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
 
This is the first case 100% tied to Bahrain. The index case for the South Korea outbreak link had traveled through Bahrain but the infection point was never established for certain:

#1149 - IMPORTED CASE/INDEX CASE - Male, 68, onset May 11, hospitalized in South Korea May 15 & May 20,hospitals Asan Medical Center,St. Mary's Hospital in Pyeongtaek, 365Yeol Lin Hospital,Samsung Seoul Hospital, stable condition, travel history to Gulf, Bahrain/Saudi Arabia/UAE/Qatar WHO [1]
 
Back
Top