• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Australia: 3 fatalities from flu-like illness at aged care facility in NSW

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
Lockdown over flu fatalities at Stockton, Morisset
BY SAM RIGNEY
02 Aug, 2012 06:22 PM
THREE people have died and 51 more are in lockdown after a flu virus breakout at Stockton and Morisset aged care facilities.
The Minister for Disability Services Andrew Constance said one resident of the Stockton aged care facility and two from Kanangra, in the grounds of Morisset Hospital, died after exhibiting flu-like symptoms.
...
http://www.theherald.com.au/news/lo...-fatalities-at-stockton-morisset/2642919.aspx
 
Re: Australia: 3 fatalities from flu-like illness at aged care facility in NSW

Deadly flu outbreak shuts centres for disabled
Posted August 03, 2012 08:02:19

Two Hunter region facilities for the disabled are in lock-down after a flu-outbreak and the deaths of three residents who had suffered flu-like symptoms.

In the past week, two men in their 60s and a woman aged in her 40s died at the Stockton and Kanangra Centres.

51 residents are now being treated for the flu and strict infection control measures have been introduced at the centres which house 450 people.

The Opposition Health spokesman, Doctor Andrew McDonald says he is concerned that it may be a new strain of flu.

"This is a great concern because most of these people had been vaccinated against the flu," he said.

"This means that the vaccination is either ineffective or it's a new virus.
...
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2012-08-03/deadly-flu-outbreak-shuts-centres-for-disabled/4174152
 
Back
Top