• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

AU: 2023 Meningitis

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.abc.net.au/news/2023-04-02/sa-meningococcal-case-in-baby/102177650

Baby from rural South Australia admitted to hospital with meningococcal disease
Posted 15h ago 15 hours ago
, updated 15h ago 15 hours ago

An 11-month-old baby from rural South Australia has been admitted to hospital with a case of invasive meningococcal disease, health authorities say.

SA Health said the baby was in a stable condition, and people who had been in contact with the infant have been identified, with four directed to receive antibiotics.

There have now been three cases of invasive meningococcal disease reported in the state this year, all of them being serotype B.

Last month, a 24-year-old man also from rural South Australia was treated in hospital for invasive meningococcal disease...
 
Source: https://www.northerndailyleader.com...-alert-for-nsw-after-death-of-man-in-his-50s/

NSW Health issues meningococcal disease alert after death
By Natalie Croxon
Updated June 5 2023 - 12:42am, first published June 4 2023 - 8:45pm

Community members are urged to keep an eye out for symptoms of meningococcal disease following three recent cases in NSW, one of which was fatal.

A Sydney resident aged in their 50s has died from the bacterial infection, which can cause meningitis - inflammation of the lining of the brain and spinal cord - and blood poisoning...​
 
Source: https://www.9news.com.au/national/m...-concern/d59011e0-b0bd-4328-b900-76f8eca98bfb

Increase in invasive bacterial infections causes concern
By Mikala Theocharous
2:05pm Sep 13, 2023​

An increase in severe and invasive bacterial infections in NSW has prompted an urgent warning from health professionals.

Meningococcal disease is on the rise with 28 cases reported this year, while 544 cases of invasive group A Streptococcus (iGAS) were discovered by NSW Health.

Later winter and early spring are usually peak times for both diseases to spread, Clinical Director of the Emergency Care Institute at the Agency for Clinical Innovation, Dr Trevor Chan said...
 
Source: https://www.miragenews.com/meningococcal-case-19-october-2023-1106534/

19 Oct 2023 11:40 am AEDT
Meningococcal case 19 October 2023

A case of invasive meningococcal disease has been notified in a 48-year-old male from metropolitan Adelaide. The case has been admitted to hospital and is in a stable condition.

The strain has been identified as serotype B.

SA Health has identified multiple people who had contact with the patient. To date, two people have been directed to receive clearance antibiotics.

Meningococcal health information has been distributed to contacts in accordance with the Invasive Meningococcal Disease CommunicableDiseases Network Australia: National Guidelines for Public Health Units.

There have been 20 cases of invasive meningococcal disease reported in South Australia this year, compared to 12 cases recorded at the same time last year. Of the 20 cases reported so far this year, 17 were serogroup B and three were serogroup W.

A total of 14 cases were reported in 2022. Of the 14 cases, 12 were serogroup B, one case was serogroup Y, and one case was not serogroupable.​..
 
Source: https://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news...e/news-story/bdd2bf6e533f676abec866bc1e170c20

Child, 3, from rural South Australia latest to be diagnosed with meningococcal disease

A 3-year-old child from rural SA has been diagnosed with meningococcal disease, bringing total cases for the year up to 21.
Agnes Gichuhi
October 20, 2023 - 8:10AM

A young child from rural South Australia has been diagnosed with meningococcal disease.

SA Health issued an alert on Thursday after the child, 3, from rural SA was diagnosed with a case of invasive meningococcal disease, identified as the serotype Y strain.

The child was taken to hospital and remains in a stable condition.

SA Health has identified multiple people who had contact with the patient, with 12 directed to take clearance antibiotics.​..
 
Back
Top