• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

AU: 2021 Meningitis

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ghts-life-infected-meningococcal-disease.html

Young woman, 21, fights for her life after becoming infected with meningococcal disease
The 21-year-old Adelaide woman is in intensive care after becoming infected
Six people who came into contact with her will receive clearance antibiotics
There have been two cases of invasive meningococcal disease in SA this year
An Adelaide man, 29, died last month after contracting a serotype W strain
By Alana Mazzoni For Daily Mail Australia
Published: 01:58 EDT, 12 April 2021 | Updated: 02:57 EDT, 12 April 2021


A 21-year-old woman is fighting for her life in intensive care after becoming infected with meningococcal disease.

On Monday, South Australia Health said multiple people who had close contact with the patient have been identified, and six of them will receive clearance antibiotics.

SA Health said there have been two cases of 'invasive meningococcal disease' reported in the state this year alone, compared to just one recorded at the same time last year...
 
Source: https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/h...s/news-story/0d407729047ad063398e8724108a00a5

Two diagnosed with meningococcal disease in Sydney’s northern beaches
Two teenagers have been diagnosed with meningococcal disease in Sydney sparking fears of a cluster of the life-threatening illness.
Charis Chang
May 27, 20211:14pm

Fears are growing of a meningococcal cluster in Sydney’s northern beaches after two teenagers were confirmed to have the potentially life-threatening disease.

The Northern Sydney Local Health District is urging people to be alert to the signs of the disease following the diagnosis of two cases in the past fortnight.

A spokesman said both cases had responded well to treatment and authorities were in the process of identifying close contacts to provide them with information and advice.

The Manly Daily reported the two cases were boys of secondary school age in Manly who belong to the same sports club. Another two young people were also reportedly being tested.

The NSLHD spokesman said no further cases have so far been confirmed...
 
Back
Top