Shiloh
Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://spanish.xinhuanet.com/20221005/ffe81fd04a234a9ba403457b761f3de5/c.html
Argentina confirms 396 cases of monkeypox
spanish.news.cn| 2022-10-05 09:28:00|
BUENOS AIRES, Oct. 4 (Xinhua) -- Argentina reported today a total of 396 cases of monkeypox, distributed in 10 of the country's 24 provinces, according to an Epidemiological Bulletin of the Ministry of Health.
The official information, which compiles data available until September 27, established that the cases increased by 21.4 percent, compared to the 326 infections that had been disseminated in the report of September 27, which compiled cases until the day 20 of that month.
The report indicates that there are suspected cases in 14 provinces and confirmed cases in 10 provinces.
More than 70 percent of the confirmed cases were registered in residents of the city of Buenos Aires, which together with the province of Buenos Aires (center) and that of Córdoba (center), add up to 96.2 percent of the country's total .
Of the total, more than 86 percent have no history of travel prior to the onset of symptoms, and that until the closing date of the study "no serious cases or deaths from this cause have been reported."
The bulletin establishes that the average age of the cases is 34.5 years, with a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 61 years.
Most of the cases in the current outbreak showed mild symptoms of the disease, although the health ministry said it can cause serious illness in certain risk groups, such as young children, pregnant people and immunosuppressed people.
Symptoms mainly included the presence of vesicular exanthems, and in several cases few lesions in different locations including hands, torso and face.
Argentina detected its first case of the disease on May 27.
Since the international notification of the first cases of this disease in non-endemic countries, the Argentine Ministry of Health formed a work team to monitor the new event and generate specific recommendations for health teams and the population.
Argentina confirms 396 cases of monkeypox
spanish.news.cn| 2022-10-05 09:28:00|
BUENOS AIRES, Oct. 4 (Xinhua) -- Argentina reported today a total of 396 cases of monkeypox, distributed in 10 of the country's 24 provinces, according to an Epidemiological Bulletin of the Ministry of Health.
The official information, which compiles data available until September 27, established that the cases increased by 21.4 percent, compared to the 326 infections that had been disseminated in the report of September 27, which compiled cases until the day 20 of that month.
The report indicates that there are suspected cases in 14 provinces and confirmed cases in 10 provinces.
More than 70 percent of the confirmed cases were registered in residents of the city of Buenos Aires, which together with the province of Buenos Aires (center) and that of Córdoba (center), add up to 96.2 percent of the country's total .
Of the total, more than 86 percent have no history of travel prior to the onset of symptoms, and that until the closing date of the study "no serious cases or deaths from this cause have been reported."
The bulletin establishes that the average age of the cases is 34.5 years, with a minimum of 18 years and a maximum of 61 years.
Most of the cases in the current outbreak showed mild symptoms of the disease, although the health ministry said it can cause serious illness in certain risk groups, such as young children, pregnant people and immunosuppressed people.
Symptoms mainly included the presence of vesicular exanthems, and in several cases few lesions in different locations including hands, torso and face.
Argentina detected its first case of the disease on May 27.
Since the international notification of the first cases of this disease in non-endemic countries, the Argentine Ministry of Health formed a work team to monitor the new event and generate specific recommendations for health teams and the population.