• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Alameda County reports second swine flu death

Skatman

Well-known member
http://www.mercurynews.com/breakingnews/ci_12569897

A middle-aged Alameda County man who had tested positive for the H1N1 virus died Wednesday, marking the second swine flu-related death in that county and the third in the Bay Area.

Alameda County Public Health Department spokeswoman Sherri Willis said the man who died Wednesday suffered from chronic health problems.

On Tuesday, county health officials announced the death of another middle-aged man who had tested positive for the H1N1 virus, and who also suffered from chronic health problems.

Last week, health officials in Contra Costa County announced that a 9-year-old girl in that county with H1N1 died May 29.

The World Health Organization today declared the H1N1 outbreak a pandemic.

"Countries should prepare to see cases, or the further spread of cases, in the near future. Countries where outbreaks appear to have peaked should prepare for a second wave of infection," WHO Director-General Margaret Chan said in a statement.

As of Wednesday, 74 countries have reported 27,737 cases of H1N1 infection and 141 deaths, according to WHO statistics.
 
Back
Top