• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

A second death in Brunei caused by the influenza

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
Latest development on the 'A' H1N1 Influenza, The Ministry of Health today reported a second death in the country caused by the influenza.

A foreign worker aged 42, who has been confirmed infected by the 'A' H1N1 Influenza, died on the 23rd of March this year. The victim tried seek treatment at the hospital in the afternoon that day after sustained illness for a week but later succumbed to death at about 10 pm that evening. This year alone, 120 cases have been detected in January, 775 cases in February and 539 cases have been confirmed since early March until end of the month.

http://www.rtbnews.rtb.gov.bn/?c=newsDetail&news_id=7554
 
Re: A second death in Bruney caused by the influenza

Re: A second death in Bruney caused by the influenza

Second death from H1N1


<!-- /#content-header -->
Quratul-Ain Bandial
BANDAR SERI BEGAWAN

Tuesday, April 6, 2010
MoH says 42-year-old victim died a week after falling ill

A FORTY-TWO-YEAR-OLD foreign worker became the second person in Brunei to die from Influenza A (H1N1) infection, the Ministry of Health (MoH) reported yesterday.

In a press release, the MoH said that after being ill for a week, the foreign worker was admitted into a hospital in serious condition at 1.15pm on March 23 and died later that day at 10pm.

The ministry did not reveal the name, gender and nationality of the deceased.

When contacted by The Brunei Times, a spokesperson for the MoH was also unable to talk about the identity of the deceased.

There were 539 confirmed cases of H1N1 in Brunei Darussalam, 236 cases fewer than in February when a peak of 775 cases was recorded.

The recent death is the second reported in the Sultanate since the first H1N1 case was detected last year.

In July 2009, a 12-year-old girl was the first person in Brunei to die of complications arising from an H1N1 infection. She was suffering from several chronic health issues at the time, including auto-immune hepatitis, end-stage liver failure and pneumonia.

The girl was admitted into Sengkurong Clinic on June 14 and died 18 days later on July 2.

According to the MoH spokesperson, the ministry was only able to release the information two weeks after the death when a full investigation had already been conducted.

The spokesperson also added that at this time they could not provide any further information pertaining to the worker's death.

The ministry would like to remind the public to take all possible precautions to prevent the further spread of the virus, such as practising good hygiene and getting the H1N1 inoculation at any of the eight vaccination centres.

They are: Sengkurong Jubli Perak Health Centre, Ong Sum Ping Health Centre, Berakas "A" Health Centre at the National Indoor Stadium, Raja Isteri Pengiran Anak Saleha (Ripas) Hospital, Pengiran Muda Mahkota Pengiran Muda Hj Al-Muhtadee Billah Hospital in Tutong, Suri Seri Begawan Hospital and Sungai Liang Health Centre in Belait, and Pengiran Isteri Hajah Mariam Hospital in Temburong.

The vaccination centres are open during working hours on weekdays and from 2pm to 8pm on Friday and Sunday.

Before the suspension of the programme on February 13, the Ministry of Health has vaccinated close to 40,000 people. The programme was suspended to ensure that a new batch of vaccines from a different supplier passes all quality and safety requirements imposed by the World Health Organisation (WHO), according to the ministry's press statement.

In the same statement, the MoH assured that the previous batch of vaccines administered to the public was safe.:tiphat:http://www.bt.com.bn/en/news-national/2010/04/06/second-death-h1n1
 
Back
Top