Gert van der Hoek
In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
33-year-old man Nevada's second swine flu death
Associated Press - June 29, 2009
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Southern Nevada health officials say a 33-year-old Clark County man infected with the swine flu virus has died.
The Southern Nevada Health District said Monday that the man had no underlying health conditions and had been hospitalized since June 15. He died Sunday.
The death is the second in Nevada related to the virus, also called H1N1.
Earlier this month, a 70-year-old woman from New York state died in Nevada, as officials diagnosed her with the illness after she arrived in Las Vegas.
Health officials say there have been 80 confirmed swine flu cases in Clark County, with a majority of people experiencing mild illness.
\
http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=10612540
Associated Press - June 29, 2009
LAS VEGAS (AP) - Southern Nevada health officials say a 33-year-old Clark County man infected with the swine flu virus has died.
The Southern Nevada Health District said Monday that the man had no underlying health conditions and had been hospitalized since June 15. He died Sunday.
The death is the second in Nevada related to the virus, also called H1N1.
Earlier this month, a 70-year-old woman from New York state died in Nevada, as officials diagnosed her with the illness after she arrived in Las Vegas.
Health officials say there have been 80 confirmed swine flu cases in Clark County, with a majority of people experiencing mild illness.
\
http://www.ktvn.com/Global/story.asp?S=10612540