• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

2nd H1N1 death in Bay of Plenty confirmed

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
Possible H1N1 death in Bay
Lyle McMahon lyle@thesun.co.nz 02 Sep 2010
Health officials are on alert after H1N1 (swine flu) may have caused another death in the Bay of Plenty.
The region's medical officer of health, Dr Phil Shoemack, says information about the death is limited at this stage because the Coroner is still investigating, but he understands the person died in August and is a Bay of Plenty resident.



Tauranga woman Lee Roche died in hospital on June 26 after contracting the virus.
"At any given time the Coroner will have a number of cases to decide on the course of death and I'm aware of one other case where the Coroner has not yet decided what the cause of death was. H1N1 is one of the possibilities," says Phil.
He says the Coroner's findings could take weeks or months.
The spread of H1N1 in the Bay of Plenty has reached its peak and is starting to peak off, says Phil.
"From the different surveillance systems we have, that's reporting from schools, from general practitioners that are part of a national system of flu surveillance and from the number of cases we get notified to us, it appears we are past the peak.
"It will be another week or two before we will be able to say that definitely, but it certainly appears that way," says Phil.
http://www.sunlive.co.nz/17303a1.page
 
Re: Possible H1N1 death in Bay of Plenty

Re: Possible H1N1 death in Bay of Plenty

Swine flu claims second victim in Bay
Jamie Morton | 6th September 2010

Email Story Print larger | smaller
Swine flu kit. Photo: Paul TaylorA Papamoa man has become the second Western Bay of Plenty person to die from swine flu complications this year.

The IT programmer died after being admitted to hospital with the virus.

A coroner's report, released late last week, found that Neil Ricketts, 53, died on August 1 after being admitted to Tauranga Hospital with flu-like symptoms.

continues at; http://www.bayofplentytimes.co.nz/local/news/swine-flu-claims-second-victim-in-bay/3921396/
 
Back
Top