• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

2009 Dengue cases

Re: 2009 Dengue cases

Source: http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/news/city/mysore/Dengue-claims-girls-life/articleshow/4923416.cms

Dengue claims girl's life
TNN 22 August 2009, 10:39pm IST

MYSORE: A seven-year-old girl died of dengue here on Saturday. The death of Sahana S, resident of Narasimha Raja Mohalla, at BGS Apollo hospital
sparked protest by her parentes, who blamed the health authorities for the death.

They said though many residents are suffering from high fever, the officials have failed to take necessary precautionary measures.

Sahana's father Satish, a carpenter, said his daughter, II standard student at Shanthinikethana School in N R Mohalla, was admitted to JSS Hospital on August 15 as she was suffering from fever. She was treated for four days and was shifted to Apollo Hospital on August 18.

He said: "The hospital conducted the Elisa test to authenticate the viral fever, but it came to our notice only on Saturday morning after she died."

DHO Raju told STOI that so far, 11 persons have tested positive for the disease. He said a team of health officials was sent to N R Mohalla following complaints that many people in the locality were suffering from high fever.
 
Re: 2009 Dengue cases

Source: http://www.starofmysore.com/main.asp?type=news&item=21689

DENGUE CLAIMS ONE MORE LIFE IN CITY

Mysore, Aug. 27 (RK&DM)- The dengue epidemic has claimed yet another life of a teenage girl in city. Neelu (14), the only daughter of S.V. Manju-nath, a resident of No. 2759/2, 4th Main, V.V. Mohalla, died of dengue fever at Apollo BGS Hospitals here last night.

Neelu, a 9th standard student of St. Joseph's School, Jayalak-shmipuram, was admitted to Apollo hospital at 10 am on Aug. 25 for fever. But she succumbed to the disease last night.

It may be mentioned that Neelu's is the second death due to dengue after 7-year-old Sahana of N.R. Mohalla, who died on Aug. 21.

Meanwhile, a 21-month-old girl child, Avishi Maheshwari, daughter of Asish Maheshwari, a resident of 'Damden Daryl' Apartment in V.V. Mohalla, has been admitted to B.M. Hospital on Aug. 25 on complaints of fever.

Blood sample tests of the child have confirmed dengue (IGM-Elisa) fever for which the child is now undergoing treatment.

Both these cases were confirmed by Corporation Zone-4 Health Inspector Suryanarayan.

District Health Officer (DHO) Dr. V. Raju, who spoke to Star of Mysore, said that public announcements through autorickshaws have been launched today on preventive measures to be taken by the public with regard to diseases such as dengue fever and swine flu.

The Health Department has already distributed pamphlets amongst the public. But this has not been successful in creating awareness amongst the public as anticipated.

Public announcements have been launched from today in various localities of the city.

Parents have been requested to rush their children to a nearby hospital or doctor on complaints of fever and get the disease completely diagnosed. A diagnosis should be conducted immediately on complaints of fever and instant measures taken thereby against its escalation, he said.

The Health Department in association with the district administration has been carrying out widespread awareness campaigns in many public places.

Fatal diseases such as dengue fever and swine flu, if left undiagnosed and undetected even for a couple of days, will lead to multi organ failure, for which there is no remedy, he added appealing to the public to be sensitised on such diseases.
 
Re: 2009 Dengue cases

Source: http://www.expressbuzz.com/edition/...4A=&SectionName=zkvyRoWGpmWSxZV2TGM5XQ==&SEO=

Dengue claims 3rd victim in Mysore


Express News Service
First Published : 05 Sep 2009 08:55:35 AM IST
Last Updated : 05 Sep 2009 12:00:54 PM IST

MYSORE: Dengue has claimed its third victim in a fortnight in the city.

Twenty-year-old Prathibha, daughter of Shivaprasad and a resident of EWS Colony on New Kantharaja Urs road died of multiple organ failure after being infected with dengue fever, on Friday morning.

District Malaria Officer Dr HS Manjunath told Express that she had tested positive for dengue. Prathibha, who was treated at Kamakshi Hospital since August 29, was shifted to Apollo Hospital on September 2 after her condition started deteriorating.

She succumbed to dengue at 9.45 am on September 4.

Medical reports suggest that the patient had suffered from multiple organ failure and cardiac arrest.

Prathibha, who had brain edema, a viral infection, lost consciousness a day before she died.

The incident happened even as the civic body claimed to have started sensitisation programmes to check the spread of viral diseases in all wards in the city. Despite Friday being a holiday, no official visited the locality where she lived.

Dengue had earlier claimed the lives of 13-year-old Sowmya of Udayagiri, and Neelu (14) from VV Mohalla in the city.
 
Re: 2009 Dengue cases

Source: http://www.deccanherald.com/content/24354/boy-dies-dengue-shock-syndrome.html

Boy dies of Dengue Shock Syndrome
Bangalore: Sep 9, DHNS:

A 12-year-old boy succumbed to Dengue Shock Syndrome at K R Hospital on Wednesday afternoon. Jeremy O'Kelly, a resident of Kamanahalli, was admitted to the hospital on August 14 after being referred from St Martha's Hospital.


According to sources, the boy was shifted from St Martha's Hospital for want of ventilators. ?The patient's blood platelet count was very low when he came from St Martha's Hospital. It was only 26,000, when ideally it should be 1.5 to 2 lakh. We immediately put him on ventilator and conducted the dengue test, which came positive," said Mahesh Kumar, the KR Hospital administrator.

However, his kidneys started developing problems on August 17 and the next day he was put on dialysis. The boy underwent 14 dialysis since then and more than 40 blood transfusions. Finally, on Wednesday afternoon he suddenly had cardiac arrest and breathed his last at 2.10 pm. The cause of the death reported by hospital is Dengue Shock Syndrome with septic shock which later developed into multi-organ dysfunction.

One of the neighbours of the O'Kelly family said that the boy was taken to a local medical practitioner, who gave him some medicines. However, within two days due to high fever the boy started vomiting blood.
 
Back
Top