• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

20 NZ deaths - 2010 winter season - H1N1

Re: 17 NZ deaths - 2010 winter season - H1N1

Re: 17 NZ deaths - 2010 winter season - H1N1

The Ministry of Health says there has been another death linked to swine flu, bringing to 17 the number of people who have died from swine flu this year.

The latest death was that of a 51-year-old woman in Auckland, who died on Saturday.

She had no underlying medical condition but was considered to be at risk from swine flu.

The ministry says 13 of the 17 deaths so far have been confirmed as being due to swine flu.

It says there have been 648 hospitalisations from swine flu, and there are 11 people in intensive care units with the virus.

http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/56158/swine-flu-toll-reaches-17
 
Re: 17 NZ deaths - 2010 winter season - H1N1

Re: 17 NZ deaths - 2010 winter season - H1N1

Swine flu claims 18th victim
Updated at 4:03 pm today

The Ministry of Health says the death of a Hutt Valley man has brought to 18 the number of deaths from swine flu this year.

The ministry says swine flu has peaked in the community and cases are falling.

The latest death linked to the virus involves a 43-year-old with no underlying medical conditions, who died at home about 12 days ago.

The ministry says there are still nine people in intensive care with the virus.
http://www.radionz.co.nz/news/national/56439/swine-flu-claims-18th-victim
 
Re: 18 NZ deaths - 2010 winter season - H1N1

Re: 18 NZ deaths - 2010 winter season - H1N1

Deaths linked to swine flu
Last updated 17:18 30/09/2010
Two new deaths linked to swine flu have been confirmed today, but the prevalence of the influenza strain is decreasing, says the Ministry of Health.

The two latest people to die from the H1N1 virus were patients at Middlemore and Auckland City hospitals, bringing the total number of swine flu deaths this year to 20.

The patient at Middlemore was an 82-year-old man with underlying medical conditions who died on September 12, while the patient at Auckland was a 37-year-old man with no other medical conditions who died on September 10.

Despite the new deaths the prevalence of swine-flu was decreasing and intensive care units were seeing a lot less admissions in recent weeks, deputy director of public health Darren Hunt said.

People were still advised to follow basic hygiene measures and seek medical advice if they were suffering influenza symptoms, Dr Hunt said.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/national/health/4184646/Deaths-linked-to-swine-flu
 
Back
Top