• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

2 more H1N1 flu deaths reported in Southern Nevada

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
2 more H1N1 flu deaths reported in Southern Nevada
By Mary Manning (contact)

Wednesday, Nov. 18, 2009 | 2:35 p.m.

Sun coverage

■Sun health coverage
A 33-year-old woman with underlying medical conditions and a 66-year-old man with no underlying medical complaints have become the latest Southern Nevada deaths from the novel H1N1 flu strain, health officials said.

The Southern Nevada Health District is reporting a total of 26 deaths since the H1N1 flu, also known as swine flu, was reported in April. The two additional deaths were reported to the health district this week.

Last week the health district reported four new deaths, a 6-year-old North Las Vegas boy and a 17-year-old boy, both complicated with medical problems. Two 54-year-olds, a man and a woman, also died from the novel H1N1 flu strain. The woman suffered from an underlying medical condition.

While the 6-year-old boy was the first confirmed death of a Southern Nevada child, children suffering from H1N1 make up the highest numbers of patients reporting flu, federal health officials said.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention updated flu statistics last week and a total of 22 million North Americans are estimated to have had the H1N1 strain. A total of 98,000 people in the U.S. have been hospitalized and so far 4,000 deaths have been attributed to the flu.
http://www.lasvegassun.com/news/2009/nov/18/2-more-h1n1-flu-deaths-reported-southern-nevada/
 
Back
Top