• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

1st H1N1 death in Mozambique

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/Breaking+News/World/Story/STIStory_430154.html

Sep 15, 2009
1st H1N1 death in Mozambique

MAPUTO - MOZAMBIQUE has registered its first H1N1 flu death, a 29-year-old woman from Maputo already suffering from a chronic illness, a health official said on Tuesday.

'She was hospitalised and passed away three days later,' said Health Ministry spokesman Leonardo Chavane said, adding she had contracted the flu in late August.

Mozambique announced its first case of H1N1 flu in mid-August, so far 12 cases have been registered.

In neighbouring South Africa, the A(H1N1) virus has killed 27 people, the highest number in the region. -- AFP
 
Re: 1st H1N1 death in Mozambique

Mozambique reports 1st swine flu death, 63 cases

MAPUTO, Mozambique ? A health official says Mozambique has had its first swine flu death.

Deputy National Health Director Leonardo Savane told state radio on Tuesday that the 29-year-old woman died Monday in a Maputo hospital. She had been admitted in late August with fever, headache and vomiting.

Mozambique announced its first case of swine flu in August. That patient was a 45-year-old woman who had visited Portugal and South Africa, countries with many cases of the illness. She was treated and has recovered.

Savane says 63 cases have been confirmed since the first case. - AP

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/172344/mozambique-reports-1st-swine-flu-death-63-cases
 
Back
Top