• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

11 Kentuckians have traveled to areas with Ebola outbreaks, but risk is low, Beshear says

Treyfish

Moderator
11 Kentuckians have traveled to areas with Ebola outbreaks, but risk is low, Beshear says

Emma Austin
Louisville Courier Journal


Kentucky health officials are aware of 11 people from the state who have traveled to Guinea and the Democratic Republic of Congo, two African countries experiencing Ebola outbreaks, Gov. Andy Beshear announced Tuesday.

"We don't believe there is any significant risk at the moment, but we are and we want to be transparent about it," Beshear said during his virtual COVID-19 update Tuesday.

Guinea, which was on the front lines of the 2014 Ebola epidemic, confirmed three people there had died from the virus in mid-February. They were the first new cases since 2016.

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention announced on its website last month travel restrictions to passengers from the countries but said the risk of Ebola to the United States is "extremely low.":magnify:

...
Beshear said none of the 11 Kentuckians are at high risk but "we believe in being prepared."

There are six Ebola assesment hospitals in the state, and health officials are working with them to make sure they're prepared for any potential patients, Beshear added.
....
:tiphat:https://www.courier-journal.com/sto...-ebola-outbreaks-gov-beshear-says/4723160001/
 
....The Governor also said 11 Kentuckians have recently returned from countries currently experiencing an Ebola outbreak (Guinea and the Democratic Republic of the Congo). Local health departments contact travelers, assess exposure risk, educate those travelers about what to do if they have symptoms and quarantine those at high risk for 21 days. None of the 11 people has been deemed high-risk for exposure.:rolleyes:

?We are working with our hospitals to make sure they are ready to handle any suspect patients for 12 to 24 hours,? said Gov. Beshear. ?We have six Ebola Assessment Hospitals that are working with us to make sure they are prepared to handle potential patients and assessments for Ebola.?.....:tiphat:https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/gov-beshear-gives-covid-19-update/ar-BB1eEzjk
 
Kentucky monitoring 11 residents who returned from countries with Ebola outbreaks


BY ALEX ACQUISTO

MARCH 16, 2021 06:23 PM Play Video
Duration 3:22
KY reaching out to travelers returning from countries with ebola outbreaks
Gov. Andy Beshear reported 11 known people who returned to Kentucky from countries in Africa with ebola outbreaks had been contacted.
BY GOVERNOR ANDY BESHEAR
Though there is no immediate risk, Kentucky is monitoring nearly a dozen residents who recently traveled to one of two countries experiencing an outbreak of the deadly Ebola virus, Gov. Andy Beshear announced Tuesday.

State and local officials know of at least 11 Kentuckians who recently traveled to Guinea or Democratic Republic of Congo, the governor said. Both African countries have confirmed new cases of Ebola in the last month.

?We don?t believe there is any significant risk at the moment,? Beshear said. ?But we are and want to be transparent about making sure we reach out to anyone we learn has been in these areas where the Ebola outbreak [is].?...:tiphat:
https://www.kentucky.com/news/health-and-medicine/article249987884.html
 
Back
Top