X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rajasthan - 98 fatalities this wave, total 296

Two more swine flu suspects in Rajasthan
    STAFF WRITER 19:49 HRS IST
    Jaipur, Oct 21(PTI) Two swine flu suspects patient were admitted to government hospital in Jaipur and Jodhpur, a health official said.

He denied that Matti Ula, who died yesterday at a Jodhpur government hospital was probably suffering from any other disease.

So far, Rajasthan reported seven deaths, 41 H1N1 positive cases, and 240 more samples were collected for the test at the SMS Medical College located laboratory, he added.
    Twitter: @RonanKelly13
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 7

One suspected swine flu case in Rajasthan
    STAFF WRITER 19:27 HRS IST
    Jaipur, Oct 22 (PTI) A suspected case of swine flu were today reported in Jodhpur city of Rajasthan, according to the state health department.

"The patient in Jodhpur, Prem Kanwar, is undergoing treatment," an official of Medical and Health department said here.

"The state has so far reported death of eight patients due to N1H1, 41 have tested negative and test reports of 20 patients are still awaited," he said
    The views expressed are mine alone and do not represent the views of my employer or any other person or organization.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 8

Another H1N1 death in state
      TNN 22 October 2009, 05:32am IST

JAIPUR: A 30-year-old woman at the intensive care unit of a government hospital in Kota died on Wednesday, she was confirmed to be suffering from
      swine flu (influenza A H1N1) by the test reports from SMS Medical College. Doctors, however, attributed her death to pneumonia.

"The patient was also suffering from pneumonia and was being simultaneously treated on suspicion of swine flu," says Dr O P Gupta, additional state nodal officer for swine flu.

During the day, two more patients tested positive for swine flu, one in Kota and the otherat Jodhpur. The condition of another patient in Kota is said to be unstable and he is in intensive care. Meanwhile, two suspects, including the one who died in Jodhpur on Tuesday, proved negative.

So far, samples from 240 patients have been collected by the department. Out of this, 41 have tested positive while 179 is negative. The reports of the remaining are awaited. As the winter approaches the state health department fears spread of swine flu and a meeting of private hospitals has been called as a measure to build up swine flu treatment capacity.
      A 30-year-old woman at the intensive care unit of a government hospital in Kota died on Wednesday, she was confirmed to be suffering from swine flu (i

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 8

Jaipur, Oct 24 (PTI) A 30-year-old man succumbed to the dreaded swine flu in Rajasthan raising the state-wide death toll from the disease to nine, a Health Department official said here today.

Madan Lal, hospitalised on October 20 after he tested positive for H1N1, died last night in Jodhpur, he said.

A youth tested positive for the disease today as the number of those contracting the infection in the state mounted to 43.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 9

Swine Flu claims woman's life in Jaipur
          STAFF WRITER 23:3 HRS IST
          Jaipur, Oct 26(PTI) A woman here succumbed to the dreaded H1N1 virus at Sawai Man Singh Hospital here last night, a state health official said today.

The deceased identified as 30-year-old Laxmi of Laxminarayanpura locality here was admitted to the hospital in very critical condition on October 24 and diagnosed H1N1 positive later on, the official said.

Swine flu has so far claimed 10 lives in Rajasthan, which included five deaths in Jaipur, four in Jodhpur and one in Kota.

One each case of suspected swine flu was reported in Kota and Jodhpur today, he said and added that there are 45 positive H1N1 patients being given treatment in parts of the state, he added.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 10

Woman dies of swine flu in Jodhpur
            TNN 29 October 2009, 06:12am IST

JAIPUR: A 40-year-old woman, admitted to the military hospital in Jodhpur for the past several days, died of swine flu late on Tuesday night.
            Hospital sources said the deceased, Prem Kanwar, was diagnosed positive for H1N1 and had multiple complications including septicemia.

Her death was the fifth in Jodhpur and eleventh in the state. Since only nine positive cases had been identified in Jodhpur, the high mortality rate has raised a question mark over the treatment facilities available in the city.

A health department committee, which met for the first time on Wednesday, is expected to submit its report on the overall flu situation in the state in the next few days.

A 40-year-old woman, admitted to the military hospital in Jodhpur for the past several days, died of swine flu late on Tuesday night.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 11

Woman dies of swine flu in Rajasthan, toll rises to 13

STAFF WRITER 22:20 HRS IST
              Jaipur, Nov 6 (PTI) A woman in her twenties died of swine flu in Kota pushing the number of victims claimed by the pandemic in Rajasthan to 13 even as the deadly virus showed signs of spreading among school children in the desert state today.

24-year-old Beena died at a hospital in Kota last night and her reports which came today confirmed that she was suffering from swine flu, health officials said here.

Meanwhile, the H1N1 influenza virus is showing signs of spreading among school children with eight of the 12 fresh cases registered in the state today involving them.

Taking serious note of increasing number of swine flu patients in the state specially the spread of the contagion among children, Rajasthan Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot reviewed the situation in the state and directed health officials to deal with it on a war footing.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 13

Flu Spreading Fast, 52 More Positive
                TNN 9 November 2009, 05:03am IST

JAIPUR: Swine flu seems to be spreading too fast to count in the state. On Sunday, 52 more positive cases were reported, the highest number of
                patients being identified in a single day so far. While 49 were detected positive in Jaipur, the three others were identified in Jodhpur. Alarmingly, among the those tested positive, 44 are school going children.

In Jaipur, a 40-year-old man died of flu at SMS Hospital during the day even as officials confirmed two more deaths in the state which occurred on Saturday. This takes the total number of confirmed flu deaths in the state to 17.
                Altogether, over 190 positive cases have been confirmed in the state so far, of which 127 have been identified within the past six days. This sudden spurt occurred ever since a positive case was identified in SMS School in the city on last Tuesday.

Meanwhile, 40-year-old Dhaniram, who died at SMS Hospital on Sunday, had been in the hospital since October 20 and was shifted to ICU on October 29 after his condition deteriorated.

The district collector ordered the closure of six more schools in the city on Sunday, where positive cases were identified. They are Neerja Modi School, Sanskar (Vaishali Nagar) Little Kingdom, Mahaveer Public School (C-Scheme) Mayoor School (Moti Doongri) and City Palace School. Besides, four other private schools, namely, Subodh Public School, DPS, St Sophia, Jaipur Cambridge and Sainik School voluntarily decided to close for a week.

MGD School, which is already closed, has extended the closure till November 29, whereas Step By Step School has closed its senior wing also for a week. So far, 15 schools have been closed in view of the high percentage of schoolgoing children figuring in the swine flu positive list.

In an informal chat with mediapersons, chief minister Ashok Gehlot said his government had been taking all necessary steps to tackle the crisis. He also held a review meeting with district health officials.

Health minister AA Khan said a separate isolation wing for quarantined patients was being set up at SMS Hospital for capacity building in view of the sudden increase in H1N1 positive cases.

?The health department has launched a massive awareness and preventive drive against the spread
                of the disease which may happen with fall in temperature in the next few days,? Khan told TOI.
                Swine flu seems to be spreading too fast to count in the state. On Sunday, 52 more positive cases were reported, the highest number of patients being

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 17

H1N1 claims another life in Rajasthan

STAFF WRITER 20:54 HRS IST
                  Jaipur, Nov 10(PTI) A 28-year-old married woman who was tested positive of H1N1 virus died here today, official sources said.

With the death of the patient, the number of deaths due to the virus has reached to 18, Director (Public Health) of state Medical and Health department OP Gupta said, adding, that the deceased woman identified as Anjali was hospitalised at SMS hospital since November 1.

Meanwhile, 55 persons were today tested positive and 50 tested negative of the N1H1 influenza, he said.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 18

Two more succumb, 55 new flu cases in state
                    TNN 11 November 2009, 07:41am IST

JAIPUR: Two more persons in the state -- one from Jaipur and another from Jodhpur -- succumbed to swine flu on Tuesday. Besides, 55 new cases were
                    confirmed during the day, out of which 42 are school children. While 52 of those tested positive for the influenza belong to Jaipur, two belong to Jodhpur and one to Bikaner.

So far, 19 persons have died of swine flu in the state and 297 have been tested positive for H1N1 virus. As many as 165 children have been tested positive so far.

With school children being the most vulnerable, the education minister has once again asked the school authorities not to take the disease lightly. "The ministries of health and education are working together to contain the spread of the flu. Control centers will be established at all the primary and middle school level offices of all the district education officers," said education minister Bhanwarlal Meghwal.

The government has now made it mandatory for all schools to provide information on any suspected or confirmed case of swine flu in their institutions to the control centres, which in turn will give them further instructions.

Similarly, deputy director, middle and primary education, will have to set up control centres at divisional level to monitor the situation. The government also allocated Rs 5 lakh to district collectors for information, education and communication (IEC) activities to create public awareness about the disease.

Reports suggest that over 45 schools have been closed since the first school student was tested positive in Jaipur on November 3.

The health department, meanwhile, issued a fresh list of shops from where tamiflu can be purchased.

Meanwhile, the department of animal husbandry has raised objections to the use of term swine flu' while referring to the prevalent pandemic influenza. In an official release, the department said the World Health Organisation (WHO) had stated that the use of swine flu' was misleading and the new disease is being termed Influenza A H1N1'.

It was also mentioned that even the guidelines issued by government of India had said that the influenza should not be referred as swine flu.

Meanwhile, the district collector has asked four more schools to close down for seven days following confirmed cases of flu. They are Ryan International, St Anslem's Mansarover, Seadling (nursery only) and Jain Swethamber School.

Unconfirmed reports suggest that the total number of students down with swin flu is over 70 in SMS School.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 21

JAIPUR: As another swine flu death and 80 more positive cases were reported across the state on Friday, the health department sent a reminder to districts to submit by Monday an action plan to contain spread of the disease.

Even ten days after they were asked to prepare an action plan for containment and management of swine flu during a meeting held by chief minister Ashok Gehlot, none of the district authorities have submitted the same.

The health department directed all district collectors to hold meetings with health officials at the level of primary health care centres and issue directions accordingly.

The department also took serious note of transferred doctors who have not reported to duty so far. "District collectors have raised the issue of non-joining by doctors. Directions have been given for doctors to join within three days, or disciplinary action will be taken against them," said Dr O P Gupta, director, public health.

While all routine training programmes of doctors have been postponed in view of the swine flu pandemic, no doctors will be relieved for training programmes other than swine flu. The health department has also instructed district administration to maintain an adequate stock of preventive kits and virus transport medium.

As the department experiences a shortage of doctors, walk-in interviews at district level for hiring contractual doctors have been allowed. To spread public awareness on the H1N1 virus, mobile phone and short messaging service (sms) will be used. Of the 80 new cases reported on Friday, 72 were from Jaipur alone, Jodhpur reported 4 cases, while Ajmer and Bikaner reported 2 cases each. Of these, 62 are children. The death of a 40-year-old swine flu patient was also confirmed in Ajmer, taking the state toll to 21. So far, 535 persons have tested positive for the disease in Rajasthan.

Of the 80 new cases reported on Friday, 72 were from Jaipur alone, Jodhpur reported 4 cases, while Ajmer and Bikaner reported 2 cases each.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 21

H1N1 kills two in Rajasthan
                        STAFF WRITER 20:26 HRS IST
                        Jaipur, Nov 15 (PTI) A five-month-old child was among the two victims who succumbed to the deadly swine flu in Rajasthan today, raising state's death toll figure due to the disease to 23, a medical official said.

The victims who were identified as five-month old boy Ankit and 24-year-old Shaili Jain, died of the disease at a private hospital here, the official said.

Besides this, 83 positive cases, including 41 children, were reported in the state capital, he added.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 23

Swine flu claims one more life in Rajasthan
                          STAFF WRITER 19:40 HRS IST
                          Jaipur, Nov 16 (PTI) Swine flu claimed one more life in Rajasthan as a sexagenarian succumbed to it at Jodhpur's Mahatma Gandhi Hospital, raising the state's death toll figure due to the disease to 24, a medical official said.

Gopikishan was 62 years of age, he said.

Besides this, 49 H1N1 positive cases, including 25 children, were reported from various parts of the state, he added.

Since the outbreak of swine flu, Rajasthan has registered 742 positive cases in Jaipur, Jodhpur, Kota, Ajmer, Bikaner and Udaipur districts.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 24

Swine flu: woman dies, toll rises to 26 in Rajasthan

STAFF WRITER 22:48 HRS IST
                            Jaipur, Nov 17 (PTI) With one more woman succumbing to swine flu in Jodhpur today, the death toll due to the disease in Rajasthan rose to 26.

32-year-old Raisa died of swine flu at Mahatma Gandhi hospital in Jodhpur, health officials said.

As many as 83 people, including 41 children, were tested positive for H1N1 virus across the state today, they said.

So far, 856 people were tested positive for swine flu virus in the state, they added.

Comment

Re: Rajasthan - Toll 26

Swine flu claims two more lives in Raj

STAFF WRITER 21:52 HRS IST
                              Jaipur, Nov 18 (PTI) Two more persons, one of them a woman, succumbed to the swine flu in Rajasthan today, taking the number of fatalities from H1NI virus across the state to 28.

Sunita Purohit, aged 42, hailing from Jodhpur, and 70-year-old Ramswaroop, a resident of the Pink City, died of the infection, O P Gupta, Director (Public Health) said.
                              Sixty-six more, 54 of them in Jaipur alone, tested positive for swine flu raising the number of those contracting the disease in the state to 922, he said.

Comment

Working...
                              X