• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kentucky: 2019 Measles

Source: https://www.wthr.com/article/kentuck...tracts-measles

Kentucky boy traveling abroad contracts measles
    WTHR.com staff
    Published: Feb 16th, 2019 - 7:34am (EST)
    Updated: Feb 16th, 2019 - 7:35am (EST)

FRANKFORT, Kentucky (WAVE) - Kentucky officials say a child has contracted measles after traveling out of the country.

The Kentucky Cabinet for Health and Family Services say the child, who lives near Bowling Green, was not vaccinated.

He traveled to an area where measles is regularly found. The child did not show signs of being infectious until returning back to the U.S., health officials told NBC affiliate WAVE in Louisville...

Source: https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Pa...505925111.html

Parents are concerned after confirmed case of measles in Barren River District Health Department region.
    By Allie Hennard |
    Posted: Fri 10:51 PM, Feb 15, 2019 |
    Updated: Fri 10:53 PM, Feb 15, 2019

BOWLING GREEN, KY. (WBKO) --- A case of measles has been confirmed in a young child living in the Barren River District Health Department region. Parents of some of the children who may have been exposed have concerns.

"It was Barren County Health Department and they're like, 'we just wanted to let you know that your child was exposed to the measles, he was in the clinic the same time as the child who did have the measles," said Tatiana Gonzalez, son was exposed to measles.

"Well, I know that this was Barren County River District that called, but that doesn't narrow it down. I don't know if the child lives in Warren County, Barren County, who knows?" said Mandy Morine, son was exposed to measles.

The Kentucky Department for public health says the child, who is unvaccinated, recently traveled out of the country to an area where measles is endemic.

Another Bowling Green mother was notified that her two-month-old son was also exposed.

"I never thought something like that was going to happen, that I was going to have to watch out for my son. I mean, it is not really life-threatening, but it could be," said Gonzalez.

They were seen at the Graves Gilbert Clinic off of Ashley Circle in Bowling Green when they were exposed to the child with the confirmed case...

Source: https://www.wbko.com/content/news/Th...508055541.html

The Cabinet for Health and Family Services confirms second case of measles in the Barren River District
    By WBKO News Staff |
    Posted: Wed 10:30 AM, Apr 03, 2019 |
    Updated: Wed 12:59 PM, Apr 03, 2019

The Cabinet for Health and Family Services confirms second case of measles in the Barren River District.

In an email, Doug Hogan with the cabinet tells 13 News the sibling of the first case was confirmed as having measles as well. He said both siblings have made a complete and full recovery...

Comment

Working...
    X