• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swine flu claims life of Seminole County girl

From Treyfish on the Dead Children Thread:

Swine flu claims life of Seminole County girl
    10:16 a.m. EDT, October 22, 2009

Health officials in Seminole County this morning confirmed a 13-year-old girl died from swine flu.

"We wish to extend our deepest sympathies to the family. Our hearts go out to them in this difficult time," said Seminole County Health Department Administrator Mike Napier.

This is the third death from swine flu in Seminole County, officials said.

Seminole County Health Department spokeswoman Denise Ward said most swine flu deaths are associated with pre-existing conditions. Ward did not say if that is the case with this child.

Little else is known about this case, including where the girl attended school, where exactly she lived and whether the child had an preexisting conditions.

If you have any information about this girl or this case -- or if you have tips you want the Orlando Sentinel to investigate -- e-mail us your information here.

More than 120 deaths from the H1N1 virus were confirmed in the state Tuesday.

Seminole County health officials are offering a free vaccination clinic for school-aged children on Oct. 24, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., at Winter Springs High School. http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/...,4529007.story
    "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta
Working...
X