Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

California - Central Valley North (Sacramento, Chico, San Joaquin, Fresno, Kings, Merced, Modesto, Stockton)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: California - Central Valley North (Sacramento, Chico, San Joaquin, Fresno, Modesto, Stockton)

Three flu-related deaths reported in SJC in last week

In the last week, three additional people ages zero to 64 have died of the flu in San Joaquin County, bringing the season?s total to four fatalities.

,,,more

"I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Re: California - Central Valley North (Sacramento, Chico, San Joaquin, Fresno, Modesto, Stockton)

Flu deaths rise to 15 in Valley: 7 in Fresno County, Madera County reports first

Fresno County health officials reported Tuesday that a seventh person has died of complications from influenza and that Madera County had its first death...

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/01/21/...#storylink=cpy
      "I know God will not give me anything I can't handle. I just wish that He didn't trust me so much." - Mother Teresa of Calcutta

Comment

Sacramento County?s flu deaths rise to 14, county officials report

Despite unseasonably mild weather, Sacramento County has logged another three deaths due to severe influenza, health officials said Wednesday, bringing the death toll so far to 14, just two shy of last year?s end-of-season count of 16.

With several more weeks remaining in the peak flu season, 74 people were hospitalized with life-threatening, flu-like symptoms in intensive care units throughout the area, county public health officials said, an increase of 10 people over the 64 reported hospitalized last Friday.

Of the deceased, seven were men and seven were women, county officials said. Some suffered from underlying medical conditions such as cancer and diabetes, which may have left them with weakened immune systems.

All those who died were between 18 and 64 years old, underscoring that the H1N1 flu virus prevalent this year is unusual in that it has not struck the very young or the very old, populations typically seen as most vulnerable to severe influenza.

Comment

4 More Flu Deaths in Fresno Co., 1 in Madera Co.

FRESNO COUNTY, Calif. (KMPH) -

Madera County has reported its first death from the H1N1 flu virus while Fresno County has reported four more flu deaths.

The case in Madera County was a 63-year-old woman who died at the hospital over the weekend. Her records show she did not get a flu shot.

Of the four cases in Fresno County, two were women in their 30s with underlying medical conditions and one had gotten a flu shot. It's unknown at this time if the other woman had gotten a flu shot.

Madera County has reported its first death from the H1N1 flu virus while Fresno County has reported four more flu deaths.

Comment

Source: http://www.modbee.com/2014/01/23/314...ported-in.html

Two more flu deaths reported in Fresno County; region total 22
            By Barbara Anderson
            The Fresno BeeJanuary 23, 2014 Updated 41 minutes ago

Fresno County health officials said Thursday two more people have died of complications from the flu...

Comment

Sacramento County flu fatalities rise to 17, more than in all of last season

Sacramento County officials Friday reported a rise in flu fatalities to 17, as California public health officials announced a doubling of statewide flu deaths to 45 ?with the vast majority of them not vaccinated against the flu.

In Sacramento County, an additional 78 people were hospitalized in intensive care units with severe influenza-like symptoms. Of those who died of the flu locally, nine were women and eight men, all ranging in age from 18 to 64, said Dr. Olivia Kasirye, county public health officer.

Read more here: http://www.sacbee.com/2014/01/24/609...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fre...&pid=169364850

WAYNE KODAMA
                Obituary

Dr. Wayne Iwao Kodama, a native and resident of Fresno, passed away from from complications of the influenza virus on Friday, January 24, 2014, at the age of 52...

Comment

Fresno County reports 14th flu death; Valley toll rises to 24

Fresno County health officials on Tuesday morning reported a 14th H1N1 flu-related death.

So far this flu season, there have been 24 flu deaths in the central San Joaquin Valley. Kings County on Monday reported a fourth death. Merced County has had three, Madera County two and Tulare County one.

The latest Fresno County case was a man in his 50s who had medical problems, health officials said.

Comment

Woman dies of flu, bringing death toll to 18 in Sacramento County

Yet another person was reported dead of the flu Tuesday, Sacramento County health officials said, with the total number of county fatalities under 65 years old mounting to 18, two more than what the county saw last year at this time.

snip

Five Yolo County residents have been admitted to an intensive care unit with influenza-like symptoms. In Sacramento County, emergency medical staff have hospitalized 84 patients in intensive care units for the flu. Sacramento County’s fatalities include 10 women and eight men.

Read more here: http://www.mercedsunstar.com/2014/01...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/con...&pid=169380045

Obituary

Nancy Theresa Pinnella
                      1966 ~ January 25, 2014
                      Resident of Sacramento

Nancy Theresa Pinnella passed away on Saturday after suffering an unforeseen battle with the H1N1 flu virus. She touched many hearts with her caring, kind and generous nature...

Comment

Merced County flu death raises Valley toll to 25

Merced County health officials reported a fourth influenza-related death Thursday.

snip

The latest death in Merced County was a man between the ages of 20 and 60, county Health Director Kathleen Grassi said. The county's three previous deaths also were males in that age range.

Read more here: http://www.fresnobee.com/2014/01/30/...#storylink=cpy

Comment

Re: California - Central Valley North (Sacramento, Chico, San Joaquin, Fresno, Kings, Merced, Modesto, Stockton)

Family of 'healthy' Calif. woman who died from H1N1 encourages flu shots

The family of a California woman who died Saturday from complications caused by the H1N1 flu is urging others to get their flu shots.

Nancy Pinnella, a 47-year-old sales account manager at Sacramento?s News10, left work on Jan. 21 because she didn?t feel well. She went to the doctor on Jan. 22, and was taken to the hospital that night, The Sacramento Bee reported.

The family of a California woman who died Saturday from complications caused by the H1N1 flu is urging others to get their flu shots. Nancy Pinnella, a 47-year-old sales account manager at Sacramen…

Comment

Originally posted by Shiloh View Post
                            Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/fre...&pid=169364850

WAYNE KODAMA
                            Obituary

Dr. Wayne Iwao Kodama, a native and resident of Fresno, passed away from from complications of the influenza virus on Friday, January 24, 2014, at the age of 52...
                            Dr. Wayne Iwao Kodama
                            Male Age 52 Years
                            Dentist and Farmer
                            Healthy Smiles Mobile Dental Foundation, Founder
                            Obituary

Originally posted by alert View Post

Beloved Fresno dentist Wayne Kodama dies of flu complications
                            By Carmen George
                            The Fresno Bee
                            January 30, 2014
                            Updated 22 hours ago
                            2014-01-31T03:39:15Z
                            By Carmen George

Wayne Kodama, a beloved longtime Fresno dentist and founder of Healthy Smiles Mobile Dental Foundation, died last week from flu complications. He was 52.Dr. Kodama didn't get a flu shot, said his wife, Susan Kodama, who is now urging everyone to get one -- even those who consider themselves healthy, like her husband did."He never had a cold, he never had a flu, he was never sick," Susan said. "He never missed a day of work, never."Dr. Kodama had the flu for about three days before it turned into a bad cough, Susan said. He got treatment about a week later and was hospitalized for two weeks before he died Jan. 24. Doctors suspect his death was related to H3N5, a relatively new flu strain, Susan said.

[snip]
                            No mention made of H3N5 previously? Let's hope the treating physicians have the courage to either directly correct the reporting error or provide their testing protocol.
                            • Fatal & Severe Influenza in Health Care Workers & Funeral Directors [FT#522967]
                            • California pH1N1 HFR and CCFR [FT#523154]
                            • California - Central Valley North [FT#523327]

Comment

Re: California - Central Valley North (Sacramento, Chico, San Joaquin, Fresno, Kings, Merced, Modesto, Stockton)

Flu Considered Epidemic This Year

The flu has killed twenty one Sacramento County residents this year, with over a month remaining until the end of flu season...

Read more: http://fox40.com/2014/01/31/flu-cons...#ixzz2s7N9uQmP

Comment

Source: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/sac...&pid=169442849

Ralph James WESTBROOK Jr. (63 yrs old)
                                Obituary

...Ralph was a kind and good man who was dearly loved and will be missed daily. Unfortunately, Ralph died of complications from the flu, on January 17, 2014...

Comment

Working...
                                X