• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Yemen: Five confirmed dead by H1N1pdm09

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
SANA?A ? One person died on Thursday at the Saudi German Hospital in Sana?a, due to the H1N1 virus, according to Dr. Abdulhakeem Al-Kohlani, director of the Epidemiological Surveillance and Disease Control Department in the Ministry of Public Health and Population (MPHP).

The H1N1 virus is commonly known as the swine flu.

Al- Kohlani said four other people died at the Science and Technology Hospital. The were not diagnosed, but doctors believe they also fell victim the flu.

H1N1 is a seasonal disease. It has not been classified as an epidemic in Yemen yet because experts only classify an outbreak as an epidemic if affected populations belong to at least four different governorates. ?Therefore, people shouldn?t panic,? Al-Kohlani said. Instead, they should take measures to remain H1N1-free by using hospital masks and maintaining proper hygiene.

Dr. Mohammed Osama, the deputy representative of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Yemen, also urged citizens not to panic.

?The situation isn?t worrying because diseases such as the flu and cough usually appear due to change between summer and winter and then disappear at the end of winter,? Osama said.

Al-Kolhani said the five who died all had advanced stages of the disease. Had they sought help earlier, their odds of survival would have been greatly increased. He urged citizens who exhibit symptoms to remain calm and seek medical help.

http://www.yementimes.com/en/1638/n...-says-swine-flu-outbreak-‘isn’t-worrying’.htm
 
Re: Yemen: Five confirmed dead by H1N1pdm09

Source: http://www.yementimes.com/en/1639/news/1807/Health-Ministry-H1N1-outbreak-under-control.htm


Health Ministry, H1N1 outbreak under control
Published on 3 January 2013 in News
Nadia Haddash (author)

SANA?A, Jan. 2 ? Since it was announced last week that one person had died from the H1N1 virus, Dr. Abdulhakeem Al-Kohlani, director of the Epidemiological Surveillance and Disease Control Department in the Ministry of Public Health and Population (MPHP) confirmed there have been no more deaths and said the spread of the illness never exploded.

Four others were presumed to have died from the virus commonly known as swine flu.

According to the ministry, the situation is under control as all recent hospital patients with flu like symptoms have been confirmed as seasonal flu cases and not the H1N1...
 
Back
Top