• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Trinidad and Tobago: 2014 Chikungunya cases

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/Chickungunya--risk-at-NAPA-270416521.html

?Chickungunya risk at NAPA?
By \\\\\ Michelle Loubon
Story Updated: Aug 7, 2014 at 8:56 PM ECT

President of the Public Services Association (PSA) Watson Duke said yesterday it was imperative to shut down the National Academy For the Performing Arts (NAPA), at Keate Street, Port of Spain, because patrons and about 40 members of staff could run the risk of contracting chickungunya, or ChikV.

NAPA was constructed by Shanghai Construction Group under the former Patrick Manning People?s National Movement (PNM) administration at a cost of about $500 million.

Health Minister Dr Fuad Khan confirmed in T&T 12 cases of chickungunya,
which is spread by the Aedes Aegypti mosquito, which transmits dengue fever. It is characterised by high fever which attacks the joints. ..
 
Re: Trinidad and Tobago: 2014 Chikungunya cases

Source: http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/late...fected-with-Chikungunya----TT-health-minister

As many as 80 infected with Chikungunya -- TT health minister
Friday, August 15, 2014 | 7:32 AM

PORT OF SPAIN, Trinidad (Trinidad Express) -- There may be as many as 80 people in this country currently infected with the Chikungunya virus, Trinidad Health Minister Dr Fuad Khan said yesterday.

Khan made the statement during a post-Cabinet press briefing held at the Office of the Prime Minister in St Clair.

?The last time I checked, (Wednesday) we had approximately 22 confirmed cases and 60 something suspected cases,? Khan said yesterday...
 
Re: Trinidad and Tobago: 2014 Chikungunya cases

Source: http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news...massive-clean-up-274180521.html?m=y&smobile=y


CHIKV outbreak in Morvant prompts massive clean-up

Outbreaks of the chikungunya virus (ChikV) and dengue fever in Morvant and environs have prompted the San Juan Laventille Regional Corporation (SJLRC) to embark upon a massive clean-up operation.
Yesterday, the corporation began its initiative to clear overgrown vacant lots throughout the area which residents say act as breeding grounds for mosquitoes. The corporation?s chairman, Alderman Anthony Roberts, along with members of the council led media representatives to several sites in Santa Cruz, Morvant and Malick, where work was being done. Dozens of workmen could be seen cutting grass, chopping down trees and clearing drains. Roberts said the outbreaks had been creating a state of panic in the communities but the corporation had got no response from the Ministry of Local Government to its request for funding...
 
Re: Trinidad and Tobago: 2014 Chikungunya cases

Source: http://www.stabroeknews.com/2014/ne...aign=Feed:+stabroeknewsguyana+(Stabroek+News)


Forty-three cases of Chikungunya in T&T
September 6, 2014 ? By Stabroek editor
2 hours ago

(Trinidad Express) Principal Medical Officer of Environmental Health at the Ministry of Health (MoH) Dr Clive Tiluckdharry said 43 people have contracted ChikV, which is spread by the dreaded Aedes Aegypti mosquito. But he also said the exact number of cases will be confirmed on Monday. Asked to give an update yesterday, Dr Tiluckdharry said: ?We have 43 confirmed ChikV cases. 42 here and one in Tobago. The exact number still needs to be confirmed. I will confirm it on Monday when I get into office.?...
 
Back
Top