• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Third school shuts due to swine flu

pablomorgan

Well-known member
A third school has been ordered to close after a 14-year-old pupil became the latest UK victim of swine flu.

The girl, from Barnet in north London, was confirmed as having the bug as nine new UK cases of swine flu were confirmed, taking the total to 27.

Her independent girls' school, South Hampstead High School, posted a letter to parents on its website saying the year-nine student was "at home and well" and that the school will be closed until at least Thursday.

Antivirals have also been offered to her year group and special arrangements are being made for upcoming exams.

It is the third UK school to close since the virus began spreading, joining Downend School in South Gloucestershire and Paignton Community and Sports College in Devon.

The 14-year-old is also the third case in the UK of someone contracting the virus without first travelling to Mexico or the US.

The other English case to be announced was an 11-year-old from Wandsworth, south-west London, who had travelled to the US.

Health chiefs said the youngster's school did not need to close "as the patient did not attend school while symptomatic".

The third new UK victim was a man from Ayrshire, the fourth in the district to contract the disease. Scottish health secretary Nicola Sturgeon said he had no connection to the three cases which have previously been confirmed in the area and that he had flown back from Houston, Texas, in the US.

The number of cases in London has now reached five. Other cases have been confirmed in Newcastle, Merseyside, Devon, Worcestershire, Gloucestershire, Oxfordshire and Central Scotland, as well as another infection in the Republic of Ireland.
http://www.theboltonnews.co.uk/uk_national_news/4341225.Third_school_shuts_due_to_swine_flu/
 
Back
Top