• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

The Bahamas confirms first case of monkeypox

Mary Wilson

Well-known member
Another suspected case is under investigation.

June 30, 2022 03:19 PM ET

Dillon De Shong

Health officials in The Bahamas have confirmed that a visitor to the island, has tested positive for monkeypox.

The visitor, who travelled from London on June 9, was quarantined when he began displaying signs of monkeypox.

Health Minister Dr Michael Darville said the National Reference Laboratory tested samples collected from the man, who is in his 40s, and a result was returned on June 24.

Darville noted that the man was medevacked from Bahamian soil to Florida and all of his suspected contacts were tested and monitored. ...

https://caribbean.loopnews.com/content/bahamas-confirms-first-case-monkeypox-613674
 
Source: https://www.caribbeannationalweekly...as-investigating-second-monkeypox-virus-case/


Bahamas investigating second Monkeypox virus case
July 2, 2022
By Santana Salmon

The Bahamas government has confirmed that health authorities are investigating a second suspected case of Monkeypox.

Health and Wellness Minister, Dr. Michael Darville, told a news conference that a Bahamian national is suspected of having the virus..

...The individual was believed to be in his mid-40s and had been placed in isolation after showing symptoms associated with the disease. He has since been flown out of the country...

...“There is another suspected case in the country that we are monitoring. That individual went through the quarantine process, for I think 21 days, and all the contacts associated with that case are also being monitored,” he told reporters...
 
Back
Top