• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Swine Flu Claims 3 More Victims

GennieF

Well-known member
Swine Flu Claims 3 More Victims
By MICHELLE WAYLAND
Updated 8:45 AM PDT, Thu, Aug 13, 2009

Three more San Diegans infected with swine flu have died. Two of the deceased were healthy and had no underlying medical conditions.

There have been 16 swine flu deaths in the county, which is higher than any other county in California, and 1,005 other reported cases of people getting sick from the virus.

The latest deaths are a 32-year-old man, a 33-year-old woman and a 49-year-old woman. Only the oldest woman had underlying medical conditions that may have contributed to her death.

There have also been 67 confirmed cases of swine flu among American troops in Iraq with dozens more suspected, the Iraqi Health Ministry said, making U.S. soldiers the single largest group in the country to come down with the virus.

All American soldiers diagnosed with swine flu have either recovered or are undergoing treatment, he said, adding that there have been no fatalities among U.S. forces.

The U.S. military confirmed the 67 cases, an increase from the 51 it reported earlier this week. It also said 71 suspected cases were in isolation.

A swine flu vaccine is in its testing phase and could be available as early as September.
First Published: Aug 13, 2009 8:31 AM PDT

http://www.nbcsandiego.com/news/health/Swine-Flu-Claims-3-More-Victims--53135222.html
 
Back
Top