• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Stanislaus Co. Man Dies From H1N1 Virus

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.kcra.com/news/20360987/detail.html

Stanislaus Co. Man Dies From H1N1 Virus
37-Year-Old Man Is County's Second H1N1-Related Death

POSTED: 1:29 pm PDT August 11, 2009
UPDATED: 2:10 pm PDT August 11, 2009

STANISLAUS COUNTY, Calif. -- Stanislaus County has reported its second death from the H1N1 virus.

A 37-year-old man died Aug. 10 from complications from the virus, according to county health officials.

"We would like to convey our deepest sympathy to the family of this patient," Stanislaus County Health Officer.Dr. John Walker said in a statement.

A Stanislaus County woman died from the virus on July 1, health officials said. She was hospitalized with severe pneumonia.

As of Aug, 5 this year, there have been 92 H1N1-related deaths in California.
 
Re: Stanislaus Co. Man Dies From H1N1 Virus

Central Valley
Wednesday, Aug. 12, 2009

Swine flu claims 2nd Stanislaus County victim

The swine flu has claimed the life of a second victim in Stanislaus County and is putting more people from young adults to pregnant women in hospitals, officials said Tuesday.

A 37-year-old man, whose name was not released, died from H1N1 influenza at a local hospital Monday. He became ill with flu symptoms days before he was hospitalized July 25, said Dr. John Walker, public health officer for Stanislaus County.

No other details on the patient were released.



"We would like to convey our deepest sympathy to the family of this patient," Walker said. "This death reminds us that the H1N1 virus is widespread and among us. Although this should not be cause for alarm, everyone should remain vigilant in helping to prevent the spread of H1N1." The county's first reported death from H1N1 was a 21-year-old Ceres woman who died July 1. As of last week, the pandemic had resulted in 892 people hospitalized and 92 deaths in California. The state had reported one death in San Joaquin County and none in Merced County.

Walker said the county is undergoing a significant outbreak of H1N1 influenza, putting 35 people in the hospital since the county's first case in June.

-- The Modesto Bee

http://www.mercedsunstar.com/centralvalley/story/998050.html
 
Back
Top