Gert van der Hoek
In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Ministry of Health on active search for cases of chickungunya virus, one suspected case so far
HERMISHA ROLLE, SNO Reporter - Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014
(..................)
Chief Epidemiologist Nahum Jn Baptiste told Saint Lucia News Online (SNO) that one suspected case emerged over the weekend however it has not been confirmed since tests results have to be sent to Trinidad for confirmation.
“As part of our protocol we are testing both for dengue and for Chickungunya,” he said.
Jn Baptiste said while there are no special measures being employed at the island’s ports of entry as a result of the chikungunya alert, routine surveillance is being done for such communicable diseases on a daily basis, as required under the international health regulations.
St Lucia News Online
thanks to TY from ProMED
worldatlas
HERMISHA ROLLE, SNO Reporter - Wednesday, January 22nd, 2014
(..................)
Chief Epidemiologist Nahum Jn Baptiste told Saint Lucia News Online (SNO) that one suspected case emerged over the weekend however it has not been confirmed since tests results have to be sent to Trinidad for confirmation.
“As part of our protocol we are testing both for dengue and for Chickungunya,” he said.
Jn Baptiste said while there are no special measures being employed at the island’s ports of entry as a result of the chikungunya alert, routine surveillance is being done for such communicable diseases on a daily basis, as required under the international health regulations.
St Lucia News Online
thanks to TY from ProMED
worldatlas