• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Spain: possible case of Ebola in Alicante - Media report - negative - August 16, 2014

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
computertranslations

Health detected a possible case of Ebola in Alicante

Protocol is activated and moved the patient to the hospital with two ambulances and a police car

ebola.jpg


08.16.2014 | 21:32

The Department of Health this afternoon has triggered protocol for a suspected case of Ebola in the Alicante General Hospital detect a person with possible symptoms of the disease. The man was taken to the Hospital of Sant Joan d'Alacant, a reference center in the province at this health alert.

The victim, of African origin, has been driven in a convoy of two ambulances and a car from the National Police. The man was admitted to hospital late in the afternoon accompanied by a health dressed in a white suit security to prevent contagion. So far they have not disclosed details.

La Opinión

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On the Protocol against Ebola in Alicante for a possible case

EcoDiario.es | 16/08/2014 - 22:09

Hospital San Juan de Alicante protocol activated Saturday against Ebola virus to reach the case of a Nigerian patient with similar symptoms.

The patient, aged 30 and a Nigerian national, arrived at the General Hospital of Alicante town with her sister, and was referred to such a center, which has better ability for a case of this magnitude.

Center staff applied the isolation protocol and the shipment came with two fully insulated vans escorted by police.

The sister of the patient had no apparent symptoms of Ebola, but it has been in contact with the sick, the relevant practice tests to rule whether or not it is the virus or not.

.
 
Re: Spain: possible case of Ebola in Alicante - Media report

Re: Spain: possible case of Ebola in Alicante - Media report

computertranslation

Nigerian patient does trigger plan against Ebola in Spain

Aug 17, 2014, 08:31 / updated on Aug 17, 2014, 09:00

A Nigerian of 30 years was admitted in the emergency room of the General Hospital of Alicante with fever, inflammation of the tonsils, diarrhea, vomiting and general malaise. These symptoms led to the transfer of man to the Hospital of San Juan, the reference unit that Spanish province for possible cases of Ebola.

The diagnosis was not confirmed, but the Spanish newspaper El Mundo says that the hospital is doing several tests to determine whether or not the patient is infected with the virus.

RTP Not?cias
 
Re: Spain: possible case of Ebola in Alicante - Media report

Re: Spain: possible case of Ebola in Alicante - Media report

Translation Google

Epidemiological analysis excluded that the patient has Ebola Alicante

08.17.2014 / 19:10 h EFE

Epidemiological studies carried out in the Institute of Health Carlos III, Madrid, man of Nigerian origin, who yesterday joined the Sant Joan Hospital of Alicante with symptoms to have Ebola, were negative, so it is not infected by the disease virus.

This has been confirmed to Efe sources of the Ministry of Health, who stated that the patient will not make counter-analysis, as it is not proved that it had contact with possible infected.

The patient is a Nigerian citizen who yesterday went to the emergency room of General Hospital of Alicante with characteristic symptoms of Ebola disease, such as high fever, malaise, vomiting and bleeding.
With these clinical symptoms, the treating physicians chose him to hospital de Sant Joan, a reference to the disease in the province of Alicante.

For its part, the Department of Health launched the protocol provided for cases infected with the virus suspected it could be a case of Ebola patients and to prevent contagion.

Transportation of the patient from one hospital to another took place in a specially prepared with extreme measures of health security, with special clothing for medical staff to prevent any contact ambulance.

The man was admitted and isolated in one of the floors of the Hospital de Sant Joan, while he practiced the relevant epidemiological evidence. Throughout the night the patient was stable.

Hospital patients, the Nigerian man was accompanied by a woman who has been treated as a patient in either hospitals because no symptoms of being sick.

Samples were extracted man sent yesterday to the Institute of Health Carlos III in Madrid, to determine the type of disease and Ebola test performed was negative.

At all times, practitioners of Sant Joan Hospital who have cared for this patient have taken protective measures to avoid direct contact with the patient.

Sources from the Ministry of Health have highlighted that launched the Ebola protocol preemptively before a characteristic symptomatology and to avoid possible infection in the population and the medical staff attending him.

The same sources have indicated that, in view of the results provided by the Instituto de Salud Carlos III, the protocol has been disabled Ebola, although the patient remains hospitalized and isolated in a hospital ward.

From then be hospital doctors to decide when leaving the isolation function of the disease with, although it no longer is a public health issue but a patient, so that more data were not provided.

A result of this case finally ruled out Ebola, the Federation of Associations for the Defence of Public Health (FADSP) today warned that while the virus can not control in Africa, there is a chance you get to Spain and therefore , asked the hospital Carlos III, under the La Paz hospital in Madrid, as a reference center, with adequate provision is maintained.

After the alert for Alicante, said federation stresses the importance of maintaining at least a reference center for the control and treatment of these patients, optimize care and minimize the risk of spreading the virus.

Politically, United ERC (EU) announced today that prompted the urgent hearing this month of August in the Valencian parliament Minister of Health, Manuel Llombart, to explain the procedures and actions taken in this case.

http://www.abc.es/agencias/noticia.asp?noticia=1647879
 
Back
Top