• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Seventh swine flu death in Bahrain

Ronan Kelly

Retired 2020
SEVENTH SWINE FLU DEATH IN BAHRAIN

date: 15 11, 2009


MANAMA, NOV. 15, (BNA) SALMANIYA MEDICAL COMPLEX (SMC) ANNOUNCED TODAY SEVENTH DEATH OF SWINE FLU IN BAHRAIN SINCE THE OUTBREAK OF THE DISEASE IN THE KINGDOM LAST MAY.
A WOMAN IN HER SIXTIES DIED TODAY MORNING OF THE H1N1 VIRUS AFTER SHE WAS ADMITTED TO THE INTENSIVE CARE UNIT FIVE DAYS AGO WITH SEVERE HEALTH COMPLICATIONS AND LUNG FAILURE, HEALTH MINISTRY ASSISTANT UNDERSECRETARY FOR HOSPITAL AFFAIRS DR AMIN AL SA'ATI SAID ADDING THAT THE WOMAN WAS ALSO SUFFERING FROM CHRONIC DISEASES. TWENTY-TWO CONFIRMED SWINE FLU CASES ARE BEING QUARANTINED AT SMC ALONGSIDE NINE SUSPECTED ONES WAITING FOR LABORATORY RESULTS, HE REVEALED POINTING OUT THAT THREE OF THE CONFIRMED CASES, WHO ARE SUFFERING FROM OTHER CHRONIC DISEASES, ARE IN CRITICAL CONDITION. THE HEALTH MINISTRY CALLS UPON CITIZENS AND RESIDENTS TO FOLLOW THE MINISTRY'S ADVICE AND TAKE THE SWINE FLU VACCINE TO PROTECT THEMSELVES AND THE BAHRAINI SOCIETY FROM THE DISEASE. AOQ. 15-NOV-2009 21:01


http://english.bna.bh/?ID=83265
 
Re: Seventh swine flu death in bahrain

Re: Seventh swine flu death in bahrain

Woman dies of swine flu
By MANDEEP SINGH, Posted on ? Monday, November 16, 2009

MANAMA: A 60-year-old Bahraini woman yesterday became the seventh person to die from swine flu in Bahrain.

The woman, who was named as 'Umm Al Qader', had been admitted to the Salmaniya Medical Complex (SMC) with an acute lung condition on Wednesday.

She died at around 5am in the Intensive Care Unit (ICU), said hospital affairs assistant under-secretary Dr Amin Al Sa'ati.

"She had been suffering from several chronic conditions for many years and was unable to recover after she contracted the virus," he said.

"She was treated aggressively, but was unable to make it."

Dr Al Sa'ati said there were now 22 confirmed swine flu victims admitted at the SMC.

"All of them have some underlying chronic conditions and three of them - two men and a woman - are critical," he said.

Another nine, who are also under treatment, are awaiting laboratory results, added Dr Al Sa'ati.
http://www.gulf-daily-news.com/NewsDetails.aspx?storyid=264036
 
Back
Top