• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Riyadh region (March 14 2014)

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
RIYADH, Saudi Arabia (AP) ? Saudi Arabia says a man has died from a new respiratory virus related to SARS, bringing to 63 the deaths in the kingdom at the center of the outbreak.

The Health Ministry said Friday the latest victim, a 19-year-old, died in the city of al-Kharj, southeast of Riyadh. Two of his sisters are in hospital on suspicion they have been infected with the virus. If they prove to be positive, it would further raise the number of people infected.

So far, 150 people have been infected in the kingdom since September 2012.

The new virus is related to SARS, or severe acute respiratory syndrome, which killed some 800 people in a global outbreak in 2003. It belongs to a family of viruses that most often causes the common cold.

http://www.sfgate.com/news/medical/...ports-1-more-death-from-new-virus-5317065.php
 
Re: Saudi Arabia reports 1 more death from coronavirus

Re: Saudi Arabia reports 1 more death from coronavirus

There is nothing on the MoH site yet.
 
Last edited:
Re: Saudi Arabia reports 1 more death from coronavirus

Re: Saudi Arabia reports 1 more death from coronavirus

New cases of suspected Doctor Moza Al-Malki , psychiatrist and death of a young man with HIV) SK)

Taif Accord on-line

, the Ministry of Health on the case of the death of a young man with a 19-year-old HIV-infected wounds ( SK ) in Al-Kharj Governorate and two suspected his sister virus itself has been taking some samples of them It was تنويمهم in isolation room in the military hospital the general military industries. Hospital) Factories)





http://www.altaifonline.com/news-action-show-id-15120.htm
 
Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Ryiadh region (March 14 2014)

Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Ryiadh region (March 14 2014)

[Source: Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health, full page in Arabic: (LINK). Automatic translation.]


Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Ryiadh region

(March 14 2014)


In the context of the work of epidemiological investigation and ongoing follow-up carried out by the Ministry of Health for the novel coronavirus that causes Middle East respiratory Syndrome (MERS CoV), Ministry announces the registration of five cases in Riyadh.

The first case is a 83 years old, suffering from chronic diseases, and receives therapy intensive care God asking him to recover.

The second case is a 19 years old, suffering from chronic diseases, has passed away, may he rest in peace.

The third patient is a 22 years old, contact with the confirmed cases, and have mild symptoms, and her health is stable and thankfully.

The fourth case is a 18 years old, contact with the confirmed cases, too, and have mild symptoms and her health is stable and thankfully.

The fifth case is a 53 years old, Mkhalt of confirmed cases and has no symptoms.


-
-------
 
Re: Saudi Arabia reports 1 suspected death from coronavirus

Re: Saudi Arabia reports 1 suspected death from coronavirus

[Source: Saudi Arabia Ministry of Health, full page in Arabic: (LINK). Automatic translation.]


Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Ryiadh region

(March 14 2014)


In the context of the work of epidemiological investigation and ongoing follow-up carried out by the Ministry of Health for the novel coronavirus that causes Middle East respiratory Syndrome (MERS CoV), Ministry announces the registration of five cases in Riyadh.

The first case is a 83 years old, suffering from chronic diseases, and receives therapy intensive care God asking him to recover.

The second case is a 19 years old, suffering from chronic diseases, has passed away, may he rest in peace.
The third patient is a 22 years old, contact with the confirmed cases, and have mild symptoms, and her health is stable and thankfully.

The fourth case is a 18 years old, contact with the confirmed cases, too, and have mild symptoms and her health is stable and thankfully.

The fifth case is a 53 years old, Mkhalt of confirmed cases and has no symptoms.


-
-------
 
Re: Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Ryiadh region (March 14 2014)

Re: Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Ryiadh region (March 14 2014)

The third patient is a 22 years old, contact with the confirmed cases, and have mild symptoms, and her health is stable and thankfully.

The fourth case is a 18 years old, contact with the confirmed cases, too, and have mild symptoms and her health is stable and thankfully.

The fifth case is a 53 years old, Mkhalt of confirmed cases and has no symptoms.


-
-------

I wonder if the above cases (ages 22 & 18) are the sisters of the 19 year old and the other case is a health care worker (age 53).
 
Saudi Arabia MoH reported five new MERS-CoV cases, Riyadh region (March 14 2014)

hat tip Giuseppe Michieli

Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV) – update

Disease Outbreak News

18 MARCH 2014 - On 14 March 2014, the Ministry of Health of Saudi Arabia announced an additional five laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with Middle East respiratory syndrome coronavirus (MERS-CoV).

Details of the cases provided to WHO are as follows:
An 83 year-old man from Riyadh region with underlying medical conditions. He became ill on 24 February, was hospitalized on 1 March and is currently in a critical condition. He has no history of exposure to animals or contact with a previously laboratory-confirmed case.
A 19 year-old man from Riyadh region with underlying medical conditions. He became ill on 1 March, was hospitalised on 7 March and died shortly afterwards. He had a history of exposure to animals, including camels.
A 22 year-old woman from Riyadh region. She developed mild illness on 10 March and is in a stable condition. She had contact with the above mentioned 19 year-old case.
An 18 year-old woman from Riyadh region. She developed mild illness on 14 March and has recovered. She had contact with the above mentioned 19 year-old case.
A 53 year-old man from Riyadh region. He has no symptom of illness. He had contact with the above mentioned 19 year-old case.

Globally, from September 2012 to date, WHO has been informed of a total of 196 laboratory-confirmed cases of infection with MERS-CoV, including 83 deaths.


more...

http://www.who.int/csr/don/2014_03_18/en/
 
Back
Top