• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Romania: Suspected ebola case tests negative

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: http://www.gandul.info/stiri/primul...-institutul-matei-bals-din-bucuresti-13066035

Google translation:

Romanian Prime suspect Ebola. Man, emergency transport at the "Matei Bals" Bucharest
by Elvira George - Mediafax, Mihaela Stoica Posted: 8/10/2014 2:06 p.m. Last Updated: 8/10/2014 2:55 p.m.

EBOLA alert! A man of 51 years suspected of being infected with Ebola virus was transferred Sunday at hospital in Ploiesti National Institute "Matei Bals" Bucharest.

Prof. dr. Streinu earring, manager of the Institute for Infectious Diseases "Matei Bals", said the tests for Ebola will be sent to a laboratory in Germany. "The only lab to detect Ebola in Europe in Frankfurt. Outcome analysis is not given earlier than 72 hours. Could take a week," said Streinu Earring.

Manager at the Institute for Infectious Diseases "Matei Bals" said his medical team is ready to treat sick if it will prove to have Ebola. "We have the ability to provide a full flag to be safe," he added.

The man came from Nigeria on 25 July and was admitted to the Infectious Diseases Hospital in Ploiesti on Sunday morning with diarrhea, stools bleeding and pyrexia. At around 9:00 he was transferred to hospital in Ploiesti. The man is 51 years old and was in Nigeria for a longer period

After 14:00, the man reached Matei Bals Institute in Bucharest. According to the Infectious Diseases Hospital Manager Ploiesti symptoms they present man are associated with Ebola infection, and typhoid, dysentery and malaria.

The representative of the World Health Organization (WHO) in Romania, Dr.Victor Olsavszky said Friday, AFP, the National Institute for Infectious Diseases "Matei Bals" was designated as the unit that could deal with any possible cases of Ebola were it in Romania.

Also on Friday, the Ministry of Health informed that the probability of infection of Ebola hemorrhagic fever type is low in Romania and the Romanian state has medical capacity to act in the event of cases of hemorrhagic fever infection of this type...
 
Re: Romania: Suspected ebola case

Re: Romania: Suspected ebola case

Doctors rule out Ebola infection in Romanian patient who went to Nigeria

PUBLISHED ON AUG 11, 2014

BUCHAREST (Reuters) - The Romanian health authorities said on Sunday that a 51-year-old Romanian man suspected of having contracted a severe infectious disease during a visit to Nigeria last month did not have Ebola.

- See more at: http://www.straitstimes.com/news/wo...ho-went-nigeria-20140811#sthash.uo2R6WnJ.dpuf
 
Re: Romania: Suspected ebola case tests negative

BUCHAREST, Aug. 11 (Xinhua) -- A 51-year-old Romanian, suspected of having contracted Ebola, was diagnosed with malaria, it was reported Monday.

The manager of the Matei Bals National Institute of Infectious Diseases in Bucharest, Adrian Streinu Cercel, told a press conference that the patient was transferred to the hospital's tropical disease unit.

The patient is from Ploiesti, about 70 km north of Bucharest. He returned on July 25 from a business trip to Nigeria which became the third African state, after Sierra Leone and Liberia, to declare a national emergency following the outbreak of Ebola cases in the region.

On Sunday, the male patient displayed symptoms of fever, nausea, vomiting and bloody diarrhea in his county hospital before being transferred in special safety conditions to the National Institute of Infectious Diseases in Bucharest.

"The patient will undergo further medical testing," said Cercel, specifying that if data points to Ebola, samples will be sent for confirmation to Frankfurt -- the only laboratory able to detect Ebola in Europe.

He further stressed there was no confirmation of Ebola so far, and that a series of analyses was being conducted to exclude other diseases with similar symptoms.

http://www.shanghaidaily.com/article/article_xinhua.aspx?id=234863
 
Back
Top