Ronan Kelly
Retired 2020
Rains in, authorities get ready to fight H1N1
Anuradha Mascarenhas
Tags : health, H1N1 virus, swineflu
Posted: Tue Jun 15 2010, 03:58 hrs
Pune:
Almost a year after H1N1 virus took 243 lives, civic health officials said a 100-bed ward has been spruced up at Naidu Hospital and a meeting of deans of medical colleges, private hospital administrators and virologists has been called in two days to discuss newer strategies.
Dr R R Pardeshi, Chief Medical Officer, Pune Municipal Corporation, said out of the 243 H1N1 deaths in Pune district, 87 were from the city. ?There are very few cases now and few patients who are admitted are from rural areas,? said Pardeshi. As part of the preparedness measures to tackle swine flu, 43 corporation hospitals and dispensaries and 15 private hospitals have been roped in. Doctors have been instructed to be cautious while treating cases of cold, cough and fever, said Pardeshi.
Dr D B Kadam, head of department of medicine, Sassoon Hospital, said there was practically no case last week at the hospital. However, the virus is present and as climactic conditions are favourable we will have to wait and watch, he said. At National Institute of Virology (NIV) a few experts are on their way to Kerala to assist the central health team in their diagnosis of H1N1 cases, said officiating director of NIV Dr Vidya Arankalle.
State government health officials have been instructed to appoint a new team of experts to devise a strategy to tacke swine flu cases this year. The team will be headed by Dr D S Dakhure, director of health services, Maharashtra.
Return unused imported vaccines, says government
Even as Serum Institute is likely to get the licence to manufacture nasal spray H1N1 vaccine in a day or two, the state immunisation department has been told by the government to return the imported doses of H1N1 vaccine meant for high-risk groups. Dr V M Kulkarni, assistant health officer, Maharashtra, and in-charge of the immunisation programme said they have been instructed to send the unutilised doses. Maharashtra had received 34,000 doses in March and till now barely 600 doses have been used.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Rains-in--authorities-get-ready-to-fight-H1N1/633925
Anuradha Mascarenhas
Tags : health, H1N1 virus, swineflu
Posted: Tue Jun 15 2010, 03:58 hrs
Pune:
Almost a year after H1N1 virus took 243 lives, civic health officials said a 100-bed ward has been spruced up at Naidu Hospital and a meeting of deans of medical colleges, private hospital administrators and virologists has been called in two days to discuss newer strategies.
Dr R R Pardeshi, Chief Medical Officer, Pune Municipal Corporation, said out of the 243 H1N1 deaths in Pune district, 87 were from the city. ?There are very few cases now and few patients who are admitted are from rural areas,? said Pardeshi. As part of the preparedness measures to tackle swine flu, 43 corporation hospitals and dispensaries and 15 private hospitals have been roped in. Doctors have been instructed to be cautious while treating cases of cold, cough and fever, said Pardeshi.
Dr D B Kadam, head of department of medicine, Sassoon Hospital, said there was practically no case last week at the hospital. However, the virus is present and as climactic conditions are favourable we will have to wait and watch, he said. At National Institute of Virology (NIV) a few experts are on their way to Kerala to assist the central health team in their diagnosis of H1N1 cases, said officiating director of NIV Dr Vidya Arankalle.
State government health officials have been instructed to appoint a new team of experts to devise a strategy to tacke swine flu cases this year. The team will be headed by Dr D S Dakhure, director of health services, Maharashtra.
Return unused imported vaccines, says government
Even as Serum Institute is likely to get the licence to manufacture nasal spray H1N1 vaccine in a day or two, the state immunisation department has been told by the government to return the imported doses of H1N1 vaccine meant for high-risk groups. Dr V M Kulkarni, assistant health officer, Maharashtra, and in-charge of the immunisation programme said they have been instructed to send the unutilised doses. Maharashtra had received 34,000 doses in March and till now barely 600 doses have been used.
http://www.indianexpress.com/news/Rains-in--authorities-get-ready-to-fight-H1N1/633925