• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Philippines - First 2019-nCov new coronavirus death outside of China

Frozenthunderbolt

Active member
Aljazeera have a story 1/2way down this page
https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...-number-cases-hits-14380-200201235839015.html

"The man who died in the Philippines was from Wuhan, where the coronavirus is thought to have originated late last year. He was 44.

"This is the first reported death outside China," Rabindra Abeyasinghe, the World Health Organization representative to the Philippines, told reporters.

"However, we need to take into mind that this is not a locally-acquired case. This patient came from the epicentre of this outbreak," Abeyasinghe added."
 
Coronavirus: Philippines reports first death outside China as Duterte orders travel ban on visitors from mainland, Hong Kong
The victim was a 44-year-old male Chinese national who was the companion of a 38-year-old Chinese woman who arrived in the Philippines on January 21
A new Philippine travel ban could apply to all travellers from China, including Hong Kong
SCMP
Compiled by SCMP’s Asia desk,
Sum Lok-kei,
Phila Siu
Published: 9:51am, 2 Feb, 2020
...

The Philippines has reported the first coronavirus death outside China, hours after a senator said the country would issue a sweeping travel ban that included Hong Kong.
The victim was a 44-year-old male Chinese national, who died on February 1. He was the companion of a 38-year-old Chinese woman, who arrived in the Philippines from Wuhan on January 21 after travelling through Hong Kong.
Over the course of the patient’s admission, he developed severe pneumonia, the Philippines’ Department of Health said.
...
https://www.scmp.com/news/asia/sout...31&MCAccountID=3775521f5f542047246d9c827&tc=3
 
Excerpt:
The Philippines reported the first death outside China on Sunday from a new coronavirus that has now killed at least 304 people, infected thousands and spread to dozens of other countries.
-snip
In his last few days, the patient was stable and showed signs of improvement. However, his condition deteriorated within the last 24 hours, resulting in his demise."

The man was the partner of the country's first reported case - a 38-year-old woman who had arrived from Wuhan and was not showing any symptoms. She remains in stable condition in hospital.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2020...-number-cases-hits-14380-200201235839015.html
 
Excerpt:
MANILA – The Philippines said Sunday a 44-year-old Chinese man had died of the new coronavirus, the first fatality from the rising outbreak outside China
-snip-
Twenty-four patients previously under investigation for infection were tested negative for the new coronavirus, while samples from four other patients were still being tested, the health department said.

Passengers on flights of two positive cases are now being tracked.

Cebu Air Inc., which operates the Cebu Pacific airline, said it was working closely with health authorities to contact all passengers on those two flights on January 21.

Both patients had taken flights from Cebu Pacific from Hong Kong to Cebu and from Cebu to Dumaguete in central Philippines, the airline said in a statement.

Cabin crew and pilots on the affected flights have been quarantined and the aircraft have undergone complete disinfection, he said.

https://themediatimes.com/coronavirus-kills-chinese-man-in-philippines-first-death-outside-china/
 
Source: https://cnnphilippines.com/news/2020/2/4/Chinese-coronavirus-patient-cremation-delayed.html

Delay in cremation of coronavirus patient as operators 'backing out' – DOH
By Alyssa Rola, CNN Philippines
Published Feb 4, 2020 11:44:37 AM

Metro Manila (CNN Philippines, February 4)— Technical problems have hounded the burial and cremation procedure for the Chinese man who died of novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) in the Philippines, with several operators backing out from previous deals, the Health Department said Tuesday.

Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said some crematoriums— mostly run by Chinese operators— withdrew their commitments, thus causing the delay of the patient’s cremation.

“There were many groups who initially said they would cremate, they would bury in the Chinese cemetery only to find out later on that they changed their minds. They don't want to cremate anymore,” Duque told CNN Philippines’ The Source.

“It's very unfortunate that they're backing out. These are Chinese as well. So I don't understand,” he added...
 
Source: https://newsinfo.inquirer.net/1225476/doh-now-looking-at-burying-body-of-n-cov-positive-chinese-man

DOH now looking at burying body of nCoV-positive Chinese man
By: Cathrine Gonzales - Reporter
INQUIRER.net / 09:10 PM February 06, 2020

MANILA, Philippines — With owners of crematory facilities refusing to cremate the body of the 44-year-old Chinese man who succumbed to the novel coronavirus acute respiratory disease (2019-nCoV ARD), the Department of Health (DOH) is now looking at burying the cadaver instead.

“I have instructed the medical center chief of the San Lazaro hospital to coordinate with the public cemetery and see if the corpse can just be buried there because the latest information is they don’t have a cremation process there so I’ll just to wait,” Health Sec. Francisco Duque III said in a press briefing Thursday...
 
Source: https://www.gmanetwork.com/news/new...f-ncov-fatalities-already-buried-duque/story/

Bodies of nCoV fatality, PUI buried – Duque
Published February 8, 2020 10:11am

The remains of the 44-year-old Chinese national who died after testing positive for the novel coronavirus and another fatality who was being investigated for the nCoV infection had been buried, Health Secretary Francisco Duque III said Saturday.

"Nilibing na... minabuti ng ating direktor ng San Lazaro na gawin na lang ang burial. Natapos na kahapon ng umaga," Duque said in an interview on dzBB.

On Friday, Health Undersecretary Eric Domingo refused to divulge information on how and where the bodies were "properly disposed" of, out of respect for the deceased privacy...
 
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/reg...r-probe-for-new-coronavirus-dies-of-pneumonia

MANILA (Philippine Daily Inquirer/ANN): Another individual tagged as a patient under investigation (PUI) for suspected novel coronavirus (2019-nCoV) infection died Thursday, the Department of Health (DOH) said on Friday (Feb 7).

In a press briefing, DOH Undersecretary Eric Domingo stressed that the patient died of pneumonia and not of 2019-nCov.

“The second PUI death which was confirmed yesterday (Thursday) is a case of pneumonia in a patient with underlying restrictive lung disease, ” Domingo said.

The first case of PUI death was a 29-year-old Chinese from Yunnan who also succumbed to pneumonia and later on tested negative for novel coronavirus.

As of Friday noon, Domingo said the government is monitoring a total of 215 PUIs, including the three confirmed cases.
 
Back
Top