• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Philippines ex Sierra Leone: 15 workers negative for Ebola

alert

Senior Moderator
http://english.cntv.cn/2014/08/02/VIDE1406955241574888.shtml?

Phillippines reports possible Ebola cases
CCTV.com

08-02-2014 12:56 BJT

The Phillipines has reported the country's first suspected cases of the Ebola virus. According to the country's health officials, seven workers who returned to the Phillipines from Sierra Leone are showing symptoms symilar to that of the tropical virus.

There are currently over 1,300 suspected cases worldwide. The World Health Organization says there is little risk of the virus spreading outside of West Africa, but countries outside of the affected region are still taking precautions to prevent a spread.

The outbreak is the biggest since Ebola first emerged in Africa nearly 40 years ago. So far, more than 700 people have died in West Africa.
 
Re: Philippines ex Sierra Leone: 7 workers under investigation for possible Ebola

Re: Philippines ex Sierra Leone: 7 workers under investigation for possible Ebola

Hat-tip Pixie. Given the timing, I would expect these patients to have recovered or died by now if this were Ebola:

http://globalnation.inquirer.net/108717/doh-monitoring-20-ofws-from-ebola-hit-west-africa

[snip]


Ona said the Health Emergency Management Staff of the DOH is monitoring daily the health condition of the seven overseas workers, who arrived between June 26 and July 15, from Sierra Leone.
 
Re: Philippines ex Sierra Leone: 7 workers under investigation for possible Ebola

Re: Philippines ex Sierra Leone: 7 workers under investigation for possible Ebola

Its meant to be a 21 day fever watch / quarantine right? 21 days goes back to Jul 13th
 
Re: Philippines ex Sierra Leone: 7 workers under investigation for possible Ebola

Re: Philippines ex Sierra Leone: 7 workers under investigation for possible Ebola

Hm, that's a very different spin on this article.

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/625689/ebola-watch-7-filipinos-from-africa-checked-daily

15 people came from Sierra Leone over the space of several weeks.

They were contacted regularly to see if they were unwell.

Three became unwell; they were tested for Ebola and were cleared.

Seven are still being monitored, presumably because they are within the incubation period.
There's no suggestion any of them have symptoms.

Suy said it was not necessary for the DOH to check up all of the seven personally, as the close monitoring it had been conducting since their arrival were part of the standard precautions.

He said the workers were being monitored only because they came from an Ebola-stricken country.
 
Back
Top