• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

N.L.: 2021 Covid Cases - B1617 variant behind COVID outbreak in central Newfoundland,

Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-feb-28-1.5931099


COVID-19 not primary cause of new death, says health department, as N.L. adds 7 new cases
All new cases in Eastern Health region
CBC News ? Posted: Feb 28, 2021 2:19 PM NT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Newfoundland and Labrador has seven new cases of COVID-19 on Sunday, and another person with COVID-19 has died.

However, the Department of Health says the virus was not the primary cause of death.

The health department said Sunday a person in the Eastern Health region over the age of 70 has died, and while the person had COVID-19 that's not the reason why they were admitted to hospital.

According to the department, the person was not admitted to St. Clare's Mercy Hospital in St. John's, where there was an outbreak earlier this week, and the person was a close contact of a previously known case.

The death is not included in the department's count of COVID-related deaths, which remains at six.

Sunday's new cases are all located in the Eastern Health region of the province.

There are 262 active cases, as 15 more people have recovered since Saturday's update. Ten people are in hospital due to the virus, six of which are in intensive care...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-19-update-march-1-1.5931755

2 new cases of COVID-19, as N.L. reports lowest number in more than 3 weeks
236 active cases, as Avalon remains in Alert Level 5
CBC News ? Posted: Mar 01, 2021 12:24 PM NT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting two new cases of COVID-19 on Monday, both in the Eastern Health region and contacts of previous cases, as more recover from the B117 variant.

Twenty-seven people have gotten over the illness since Sunday, said Dr. Janice Fitzgerald, chief medical officer of health, at a media briefing Monday afternoon.

Eleven people are in the hospital because of the virus, up from 10 on Sunday. Six of them are in intensive care.

Most of the province has now moved to Alert Level 4, meaning some non-essential businesses can open. The Avalon Peninsula remains in Alert Level 5 at least until mid-month...
 
Source: https://www.saltwire.com/news/canad...oundland-and-labrador-on-march-2-2021-558686/

Five new case of COVID-19 in Newfoundland and Labrador on March 2, 2021
SaltWire Network
Published: 38 minutes ago

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. —

The number of new confirmed case stayed low and recoveries remained high in Newfoundland and Labrador's COVID-19 update Tuesday.

There are five new cases in the province — four in Eastern Health and one in Labrador-Grenfell.

The latter is a health-care worker at the Charles S. Curtis Memorial Hospital in St. Anthony. Officials say all close contacts have been identified, are in quarantine and will be tested for COVID-19. No patients have been identified as close contacts at this time...
 
Source: https://atlantic.ctvnews.ca/newfoundland-and-labrador-reports-five-new-cases-of-covid-19-1.5333799

Newfoundland and Labrador reports five new cases of COVID-19
The Canadian Press
Published Thursday, March 4, 2021 2:28PM AST Last Updated Thursday, March 4, 2021 2:29PM AST

ST. JOHN'S, N.L. -- Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting five new COVID-19 cases Thursday, four of which are in the eastern health region that includes St. John's.

Health officials say the four cases in the eastern region involve people between the ages of 40 and 69; three involve close contacts of prior cases while the fourth is related to domestic travel.

Officials say the fifth case is located in the western health region, involves a person between the ages of 20 and 39 and is related to international travel.

Eight people are in hospital with the disease, including two in intensive care...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-update-may-25-1.6039121

11 new COVID-19 cases in central Newfoundland, as region hunkers down amid growing cluster
'We're almost at the end game, and now we've got this going on,' says Lewisporte resident
CBC News · Posted: May 25, 2021 10:33 AM NT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting 11 new cases of COVID-19 on Tuesday, each connected to a growing cluster in central Newfoundland.

The province also reported seven more recoveries, three in the Eastern Health region, and two apiece in the Central and Western health regions. There are 93 active cases.

Tuesday's cases by age:

One person under 20 years old.
Four people between 20 and 39 years old.
One person in their 40s.
Four people in their 50s.
One person in their 60s.

The percolating outbreak overflowed into more communities in the Central Health region over the weekend, as officials brought in strict rules to contain the spread of COVID-19.

What is not yet clear is the extent to which a fast-moving virus variant is driving the spread of the disease.

On Tuesday, the Department of Health said the investigation into the cluster of cases in the Central Health region is ongoing and the source of infection remains under investigation. There are now 44 confirmed cases of COVID-19 associated with the cluster. There is one presumptive positive case in the Central Health region related to the cluster.

Monika Dutt, medical officer of health for Central Health, asked Lewisporte residents to seek community testing, even if they have no symptoms. Other testing clinics are in place to test people with symptoms or anyone contacted by public health workers, she said Tuesday morning...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-update-may-26-1.6040545

B1617 variant behind COVID outbreak in central Newfoundland, Fitzgerald confirms
Variant virus first seen in India confirmed to be driving cluster
Mike Moore · CBC News · Posted: May 26, 2021 12:30 PM NT | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting four new cases of COVID-19 on Wednesday, two of which are connected to the cluster in central Newfoundland, raising the cluster's total to 46.

Chief Medical Officer of Health Dr. Janice Fitzgerald said there are also two presumptive cases, and one probable case, connected to the cluster.

There are now six people in hospital due to COVID-19. Four of them are in central Newfoundland.

Fitzgerald said the investigation into the source of the outbreak is ongoing, but the coronavirus variant B1617 — first identified in India — has been confirmed as causing the wave of infection.

"This variant is more easily transmissible than the original strain of COVID, and reports have also indicated that it may be more transmissible than B117," she said...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-may-27-2021-1.6042713

6 new cases of COVID-19 in N.L., including 3 connected to central Newfoundland cluster
10 new recoveries drop active caseload to 89
CBC News · Posted: May 27, 2021 2:43 PM NT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting six new cases of COVID-19 on Thursday, three of them connected to a cluster in central Newfoundland that now has 49 cases.

Two of the new cases related to the cluster are people under 20 years old, while the other is between 20 and 39. There are also 11 presumptive positive cases related to the cluster.

The three remaining cases reported on Thursday are one each in the Eastern, Central and Western health regions. The cases in Eastern Health and Central Health are travel-related and not connected to the cluster. The case in Western Health is under investigation...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-may-28-2021-1.6044214

N.L. reports 14 cases of COVID-19, most connected to central Newfoundland cluster
Central cluster reaches 60 cases
CBC News · Posted: May 28, 2021 2:58 PM NT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Newfoundland and Labrador is reporting 14 new cases of COVID-19 on Friday, with 11 of them linked to a cluster that prompted a partial lockdown in central Newfoundland.

The Central Health region has one other case, the Department of Health said, the source of which is under investigation.

There are now 60 confirmed cases of COVID-19 associated with the cluster, and one presumptive positive case in the Central Health region related to the cluster.

In an update later Friday, Dr. Monika Dutt, the region's medical officer of health, told CBC News there are five more confirmed cases and two presumptive cases connected to a case reported Thursday in Stephenville in the Western Health region.

The Department of Health said more details will be issued with Saturday's COVID-19 update. ..
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/nl-covid-may-29-21-1.6045588

N.L. reports 9 new COVID-19 cases, none related to central cluster
Province reaches 100 active cases
CBC News · Posted: May 29, 2021 2:25 PM NT | Last Updated: 3 hours ago

There are nine new confirmed cases of COVID-19 in Newfoundland and Labrador on Saturday, but none of them are connected to the cluster in central Newfoundland.

One of the nine cases is located in the Central Health region, but is related to travel within Canada.

There are also two travel-related cases in the Eastern Health region, both men in their 20s or 30s who travelled within Canada.

Six new cases are being reported in the Western Health region, all deemed contacts of a previously known case. There are two men and two women under 20, one woman in her 20s or 30s and a man in his 60s.

There are also five presumptive cases in the Western region, connected to the positive case reported in the area Friday.

Saturday's new cases bring the number of active cases in Newfoundland and Labrador to an even 100. Five people have also recovered from the virus in the past day, according to public health.

Four people remain in hospital, down one from the previous day. It is unclear if the person who left hospital was in intensive care, as public health doesn't reveal the number of people in intensive care if the total number of people in hospital is lower than five...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/nl-covid-may-30-21-1.6046055

Stephenville area moving to Alert Level 4 as COVID-19 cluster emerges in western Newfoundland
11 confirmed cases in western region cluster
CBC News · Posted: May 30, 2021 11:11 AM NT | Last Updated: 1 hour ago

A new cluster of COVID-19 cases has been found in western Newfoundland, as communities in the Stephenville area and on the Port au Port Peninsula will move to Alert Level 4 on Sunday.

The increased public health measures will come into effect as of 4 p.m. Sunday, as 11 confirmed cases and three presumptive cases have now been tied to the cluster.

Communities moving into Alert Level 4 include St. George's, Stephenville, Stephenville Crossing, Port au Port East and all towns on the Port au Port Peninsula. Communities along Routes 460, 461, 462, 463 and 490 will also enter Alert Level 4.

According to Medical Officer of Health Dr. Rosann Seviour, travel into these areas should be avoided unless essential. Those returning to another part of a province from a community moving into Alert Level 4 should monitor for COVID-19 symptoms for 14 days...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-june-1-2021-1.6048627

Alert levels change through central and western Newfoundland as N.L. reports 6 new cases of COVID-19
Province reports 17 new recoveries Tuesday
CBC News · Posted: Jun 01, 2021 3:13 PM NT | Last Updated: 2 hours ago

Communities through central and western Newfoundland are shifting alert levels on Tuesday as the province reports six new cases of COVID-19.

According to Tuesday's update from the Department of Health, two of Tuesday's cases are in central Newfoundland, one of which is a man between 20 and 30 years old and is connected to a previous case tied to the cluster in the region. The second case in central is a man under 20 years old who is a contact of a previous case and not connected to the cluster.

Some areas of the Central Health region will move down to Alert Level 3, based on the public health investigation into the cluster to date and the epidemiology in the region. According to the Department of Health, a source has not yet been determined, but the risk to the public is deemed low...
 
Source: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/newfoundland-labrador/covid-nl-june-4-2021-1.6053480

Active cases drop to 80 as N.L. reports 2 new cases of COVID-19
Province reported 12 more recoveries
CBC News · Posted: Jun 04, 2021 2:27 PM NT | Last Updated: 4 hours ago

Two new cases of COVID-19 were reported in Newfoundland and Labrador on Friday, with the province seeing a drop in active cases thanks to 12 more recoveries.

Both new cases are in the Western Health region.

One is a woman in her 40s who is a contact of a previous case connected to a regional cluster which now has 25 confirmed cases. There are also two more presumptive positive cases connected to the cluster.

The other case reported on Friday is a man, also in his 40s. The case remains under investigation, according to a Department of Health and Community Services media release.

The majority of the reported recoveries are in the Central Health region with 10. The remaining two recoveries are in the Western Health region.

The recoveries mean there are 80 active cases in Newfoundland and Labrador, down from 90 a day earlier.

One person is in hospital due to the virus.

Meanwhile, the cluster in central Newfoundland remains at 69 confirmed cases. There are two probable cases associated it and one presumptive positive case.

The Department of Health said the investigation into the source of both clusters is ongoing...
 
Back
Top