• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Maine: 2026 Measles

Shiloh

Editor, Senior Moderator
Source: https://www.nbcboston.com/news/local/maine-measles-bangor-etna/3892496/


Maine confirms its 1st case of measles since 2019
Anyone who was at the emergency department of Bangor's Saint Joseph Hospital between 8:30 and 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 3, or who visited Hill View Mini Barns in Etna on the days of Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 28-29, was urged to watch for symptoms of measles.
By Asher Klein • Published 45 minutes ago • Updated 45 minutes ago

A person has been diagnosed with measles in Maine for the first time in seven years, state health officials said Friday.

The measles patient, an adult from Penobscot County, may have exposed others to the virus in Bangor and Etna during the period they were infectious, the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention said.

Anyone who was at the emergency department of Bangor's Saint Joseph Hospital between 8:30 and 11 a.m. on Tuesday, Feb. 3, or who visited Hill View Mini Barns in Etna on the days of Wednesday and Thursday, Jan. 28-29, was urged to watch for symptoms of measles — including a spreading rash, fever, cough and watery eyes — for three weeks from the day of potential exposure.​..
 
Source: https://www.newsfromthestates.com/article/four-more-measles-cases-confirmed-penobscot-county

Four more measles cases confirmed in Penobscot County
Feb 17, 2026 | 7:10 pm ET
By Eesha Pendharkar

​Four additional measles cases in Penobscot County were confirmed this week, ten days after the Maine Center for Disease Control and Prevention reported Maine’s first case of the highly contagious respiratory illness since 2019.

The new cases don’t yet constitute an outbreak — which Maine defines as three or more cases in unrelated households that share an epidemiological link — and there are no new risks of exposure to the public, the Maine CDC confirmed.

All four new cases are among unvaccinated people, according to the public health agency. Measles is considered highly contagious; 90% of non-immune people close to a confirmed measles patient will become infected, the Maine CDC said.

The agency also announced its new measles dashboard for tracking case and outbreak numbers along with hospitalizations. So far, one person has been hospitalized for measles, which can cause fever, rashes and cough...
 
Back
Top