• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Macao - Cases - 225

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Macau?s first case of A(H1N1) is a Filipino

JOSEPH HOLANDES UBALDE, GMANews.TV

06/19/2009
|
MANILA, Philippines - A Filipino man has been tested positive for the A(H1N1) virus in Macau, making him the first such case in the former Portuguese colony.

Consul General Jaime Victor Ledda, told GMANews.TV that the Filipino was intercepted at the Macau International Airport on Wednesday after arriving from the Philippines, which already has 344 confirmed cases as of Thursday afternoon.

"He is now being attended to. He is quite alright," Ledda said.

The Filipino worker in Macau is the 12th reported case abroad that contracted the case from the Philippines, which includes a mother and daughter in Taiwan who visited the Philippines, two Filipino nurses in Saudi Arabia, two tourists and two workers in Hong Kong; Filipino-Japanese siblings in Japan; and one in Singapore.

One of the Filipino nurses who had been confirmed to have infected the flu was also the first such case in Saudi Arabia.

Ledda said the Filipino worker in Macau is recovering from the flu and will be released soon. The consulate had earlier launched a massive information campaign to the Filipino community there to prevent the spread of the disease.

The Chinese territory is home to about 16, 400 Filipino workers, permanent residents and dependents. Majority of the Filipinos there are employed as domestic helpers while the rest are working in hotels, casinos, retail and health care.

Earlier, a Filipino family was reported to have been quarantined in Macau for sharing the same airplane with a foreign tourist with a confirmed case of the ?swine flu.? They were released ten days after exhibiting no signs of the disease. -

http://www.gmanews.tv/story/165316/Macaus-first-case-of-A(H1N1)-is-a-Filipino
 
Macau - Cases - 2

Macau - Cases - 2

[Google Translation]

Macao imported by a swine flu
June 28, 2009 (12:00 am)

Macau yesterday added a confirmed imported cases of swine flu, the patient is in stable condition.

The patient is 24-year-old Chinese man, June 5 to O and, subsequently, in June 21 to 22 during the travel to the Philippines. 23 in Macau fever, cough, flu symptoms, such as pharyngodynia, 26 night by a roommate living in a friend to drive to the hospital.

Samples of his conduct by the Macao Health Bureau swine flu after testing positive for the virus and was classified as imported cases. The roommate of a friend living at home in need of medical observation.
 
Re: Macau - Cases - 16

Re: Macau - Cases - 16

[According to ECDC, Macau has 13 cases today (27 June 2009). According to the following article, there are 16 cases (Google Translation)]

Macao Add a new influenza cases
27/06/2009 10:24 PM

Mainland additional 60 confirmed cases of Influenza A H1N1, bringing the total to 678, of which 373 patients recovered and were discharged.

New cases in Guangdong accounts for most, there are 30, 10 Sichuan, Shanghai 7, Beijing 6.

Health Department of Guangdong Province, said local Added 30 confirmed cases, 22 outbreaks in schools, located in Foshan, Dongguan, Guangzhou and three schools, the sick children in stable condition, the Pearl River Delta region as a result of the current outbreak of influenza in schools period, it is necessary to close the prevention and control.

Macao Add a confirmed case, the total number of 16, a new patient is a 24-year-old Chinese man, who early this month in Macau, the Philippines early this week to travel and return to Macau after the onset of his illness, to Hospital put out a consultation, diagnosis of infection is in stable condition.
 
Re: Macau - Cases - 18

Re: Macau - Cases - 18

Macao's confirmed A/H1N1 cases reach 18

2009-06-29 12:11 BJT
Special Report: World tackles A/H1N1 flu |

Mail |  Share  | Print | Text: A A A


MACAO, June 28 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported two more confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 on Sunday, bringing the total number of such cases to 18.

The first case concerned a 25-year-old local man who has been to neighboring Hong Kong between June 15 and 16, and showed flu symptoms on June 24. However, Macao's Health Bureau said its preliminary estimation indicated that it might be a locally-infected case with unknown source of infection, since the patient did not leave Macao seven days before he fell sick. His wife has been quarantined at her own residence.

Another confirmed A/H1N1 case was imported, and the patient is a five-year-old boy who has been to the Philippines through June 12 to 25 with his parent, according to the Bureau. The boy's three-family members have been quarantined at their own residences.

By far, 16 of Macao's 18 cases were imported, and some 18 persons were still being quarantined in local medical facilities or their residences.
 
Re: Macau - Cases - 54

Re: Macau - Cases - 54

Macao's flu A/H1N1 cases climb to 54

www.chinaview.cn 2009-07-05 08:35:37

MACAO, July 4 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported seven more confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 on Saturday, bringing the total number of such cases to 54.

The newly confirmed cases, all imported, included three local residents who have traveled abroad recently, a resident from the Chinese mainland and three Indonesians, according to the Health Bureau.

The Indonesian patients are mother, brother and sister of an Indonesian girl who has tested positive for the virus.

The family arrived in Macao on July 2 and checked into a local hotel Venetian Macao. The father of the girl did not show any flu symptom.

The Health Bureau has ordered the hotel to take stricter prevention measures.

Aside from the confirmed cases, another 125 people who had close contact with the patients were put under medical observation at their residences, according to the Health Bureau.
 
Re: Macau - Cases - 60

Re: Macau - Cases - 60

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases rise to 60

2009-07-07 07:28:56

MACAO, July 6 (Xinhua) -- The cumulative number of Macao's confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 increased to 60 so far, as four more such cases were reported on Monday.

The four newly confirmed cases included two locally-infected and two imported ones, according to Macao's Health Bureau.

One of the locally-infected patient is a 23-year-old technician who works at the Bureau's Disease Prevention and Control Center, while the other one is a 45-year-old local woman, the bureau said. The technician has participated in a flu-related research at the center recently, and had contact with A/H1N1 patients.

As for the two imported ones, both of the patients were local male residents who studied in London and traveled to Guangzhou, the capital of China's Guangdong province, respectively. The two residents fell ill and tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu virus after returning to Macao, according to the Health Bureau.

Aside from the confirmed cases, some 93 persons who had close contact with the patients were put under medical observation at their own residences, the bureau said.
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 81

Re: Macao - Cases - 81

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases climb to 81

2009-07-10

MACAO, July 10 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported eight more confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1 on Friday, bringing the total number of such cases to 81 so far.

Three of the newly confirmed cases were imported while the other five were locally infected, according to Macao's Health Bureau.

The three imported cases concerned a 21-year-old local woman who studied in Australia, and fell ill after returning to Macao, a 24-year-old local woman who had been to Hong Kong, and an 11-year-old Australian boy who arrived in Macao Thursday, the Bureau said.

Meanwhile, the five locally-infected patients include a two- year-old local boy, a four-month-old local Portuguese baby girl, a 13-year-old boy and his parents. Five members of the baby girl's family have already tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu virus.

Twenty-three patients who tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu virus were still receiving medical treatments at local hospitals while 46 persons who had close contact with the patients were still under medical observation at their own residences, according to the statistics from the Bureau.

http://news.xinhuanet.com/english/2009-07/10/content_11688817.htm
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 87

Re: Macao - Cases - 87

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases rise to 87

2009-07-14 21:32:19

MACAO, July 14 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported two newly confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1 on Tuesday, bringing the total number of such cases to 87.

One of the two newly confirmed cases was locally infected while the other one was imported, according to Macao's Health Bureau.

The locally-infected case concerned a 23-year-old local man who works at a local casino. He fell ill on July 10 and tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu virus on Monday.

Meanwhile, the other patient was a 22-year-old local man who went to Thailand on July 9 and tested positive for the virus after returning to Macao.

According to the statistics from the Bureau, some 66 patients recovered and were discharged from local hospitals by far, while 18 others were still receiving medical treatments.
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 121

Re: Macao - Cases - 121

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases rise to 121

2009-07-20 00:33:13

MACAO, July 19 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported 14 newly confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1 on Sunday, bringing the total number of such cases to 121.

The newly confirmed cases included 12 men and two women whose age ranged from five to 44, according to Macao's Health Bureau.

Eight patients were from the same department of Macao's Judiciary Police, and they fell ill between July 16 and 17, but the infection sources were still unknown, the Bureau said.

In addition, one patient was a member of the fencing team of the Macao University of Science and Technology, of which four members have already tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu virus.

According to the statistics from the Bureau, some 30 patients who tested positive for the virus were still receiving medical treatments at local hospitals to date, and their health conditions remained stable.
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 136

Re: Macao - Cases - 136

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases rise to 136

2009-07-21 21:02:28

MACAO, July 21 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported nine newly confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1 on Tuesday, bringing the total number of such cases to 136 so far.

The newly confirmed cases concerned four men and five women whose ages ranged from six to 33, according to Macao's Health Bureau.

Among the patients, two were officers of Macao's Judiciary Police, which already reported 11 confirmed cases. Another patient is a son of an officer who tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu virus.

According to the statistics from the Bureau, some 31 patients who tested positive for the virus were still receiving medical treatments at local hospitals to date, and their health conditions remained stable.
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 143

Re: Macao - Cases - 143

Macao's flu A/H1N1 cases climb to 143

2009-07-24 07:04:56

MACAO, July 23 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported four newly confirmed cases of influenza A/H1N1 on Thursday, bringing the total number of such cases to 143 so far.

The newly confirmed cases concerned one man and three women, aged between 7 and 56, according to Macao's Health Bureau. Three of the cases were locally confirmed while only one was imported.

One of the locally-infected cases was found in the biggest government-run hospital in Macao, and the patient was a staffer of the hospital's emergency room, whose responsibility included transferring patients infected with the A/H1N1 flu virus.

According to the statistics from the Bureau, some 22 patients who tested positive for the virus were still receiving medical treatment at local hospitals to date, and their health conditions remained stable.
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 174

Re: Macao - Cases - 174

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases climb to 174

2009-07-29 21:51:43

MACAO, July 29 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported seven newly confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1 on Wednesday, bringing the total number of such cases to 174.

The newly confirmed cases concerned three male patients and four female patients, of whom the oldest was 59 years old while the youngest was just a 20-month-old baby, according to Macao's health Bureau.

According to the statistics from the Bureau, some 11 patients who tested positive for the A/H1N1 flu virus were still receiving medical treatments at local hospitals, and their health conditions remained stable.
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 204

Re: Macao - Cases - 204

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases exceed 200

2009-08-02 20:26:53

MACAO, Aug. 2 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported 10 newly confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1 on Sunday, bringing the cumulative number of such cases to 204 so far.

The newly confirmed cases concerned seven female patients and three male patients whose ages ranged from 11 to 23, according to Macao's Health Bureau. Four of these patients fell ill with flu symptoms after attending a wedding ceremony on July 29.

According to the statistics from the Bureau, some 22 patients who tested positive for the virus were still receiving medical treatments to date, but their health conditions remained stable.
 
Re: Macao - Cases - 225

Macao's A/H1N1 confirmed cases rise to 225

2009-08-05 07:12:12

MACAO, Aug. 4 (Xinhua) -- Macao reported eight newly confirmed cases of Influenza A/H1N1 on Tuesday, bringing the cumulative number of such cases to 225 so far.

The newly confirmed cases concerned three female patients and five male patients, whose ages ranged from 11 to 70, according to Macao's Health Bureau. Three of these patients recently traveled to Taiwan.

According to the statistics from the Bureau, some 17 patients who tested positive for the virus were still receiving medical treatments to date, but their health conditions remained stable.
 
Back
Top