• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Kenosha County may have first H1N1 death - CONFIRMED

JimO

Well-known member
Source: http://www.journaltimes.com/news/local/article_1e24d3ee-c57d-11de-a203-001cc4c03286.html

Kenosha County may have first H1N1 death
Story Discussion JOURNAL TIMES STAFF | Posted: Friday, October 30, 2009 12:50 pm

KENOSHA COUNTY - State health officials are waiting for confirmation that Kenosha County has its first H1N1 related death.

Stephanie Marquis, a spokeswoman for the Wisconsin Department of Health Services, said Friday afternoon that she is waiting for a call back from the Kenosha County Health Department to confirm the death is related to the swine flu.

The state of Wisconsin has had 14 confirmed deaths due to H1N1 since this spring, Marquis said. A death reported in Rock County Thursday would bring that number to 15, and, if confirmed, the death in Kenosha County would be the 16th.

The Journal Times will update this story as more information become available
 
Re: Kenosha County may have first H1N1 death

Re: Kenosha County may have first H1N1 death

Source: http://www.kenoshanews.com/news/hea...wine_flu_death_in_kenosha_county_6653916.html

Published October 30, 2009 | 12:37 p.m.
Updated October 30, 2009 | 1:46 p.m.

Health Department confirms swine flu death in Kenosha County

By KENOSHA NEWS STAFF

The Kenosha County Health Department has confirmed an adult has died from H1N1 flu, the first in Kenosha County.

The Health Department said it is not releasing the victim?s identity out of respect for the family and patient confidentiality laws.

?The loss of a loved one for anyone is heartbreaking,? Health Department Director Frank Matteo said in a news release. ?Our thoughts are with the family and friends during this difficult time.?

The Health Department is asking people to wash their hands frequently and cover coughs and sneezes. People with flu-like symptoms should stay home from work, school, or social gatherings until 24 hours after the fever breaks.

The Health Department has canceled its H1N1 vaccination clinic scheduled for Saturday and has announced that all remaining previously scheduled clinics are suspended until further notice. Clinics will resume when more of the vaccination is received.

Residents can get more information and updates by calling the Health Department at 262-605-6700.
 
Re: Kenosha County may have first H1N1 death - CONFIRMED

The first H1N1 virus-related death in Kenosha County has been officially confirmed.

The state?s Department of Health Services on Wednesday confirmed that the death of an adult in Kenosha County last week was related to H1N1, commonly referred to as swine flu.

It is the first H1N1-related death in the county. Sixteen have been confirmed in the state.

The Kenosha County Medical Examiner?s Office said the victim was a male in his 20s who had significant pre-existing conditions.

While an initial test showed that the H1N1 virus was present in the person who died, further testing was needed to confirm that H1N1 was a factor.

?We need to know that there was H1N1 present and then have a medical agreement that the virus was the principal reason that led to the fatality,? said Seth Boffeli, communications director for the state?s Department of Health Services.

Gina Carver, office manager for the Kenosha County Medical Examiner?s Office, said tests for viral and bacterial cultures showed the presence of H1N1.

Cynthia Johnson, Kenosha County?s director of nursing, said the confirmed H1N1-related death would not alter the county?s strategy for fighting this flu strain.

?We are obtaining the H1N1 vaccine and getting it to the targeted groups,? she said.

Johnson said an average of 57 people die due to seasonal flu each year in the state and it was not uncommon for Kenosha County to experience a flu-related death.

Clinics suspended


All H1N1 vaccination clinics in Kenosha County are indefinitely suspended after the county exhausted its supply of vaccine last month.

Johnson said more vaccine has become available, but it is targeted for health-care workers.

?We have not received anything significant enough to hold a public clinic,? Johnson said.

?We?re working on assessing the need for health care and emergency services workers and working to determine who has not received any vaccine. We?re finding a good portion of these workers did not receive the vaccine.?

Johnson said a decision should come Friday on whether there is enough vaccine to have a public clinic.


http://www.kenoshanews.com/home/death_confirmed_as_h1n1_related_6686535.html
 
Back
Top