Re: Ivory Coast launches manhunt for Ebola suspect
Translation Google
24-10-2014
SUSPECTED CASE OF EBOLA IN_ MAN: "THE PERSON IS ONLY A CONTACT, BUT NOT A PATIENT" REASSURES MINISTER GOUDOU-COFFIE
The Minister of Health and the Fight against Aids, Dr Raymonde Coffie-Goudou, hosted a press conference, Friday, Oct. 24, at her office, to shed light on the likely presence in C?te d'Ivoire, of a man who fled Guinea, precisely N'Z?r?kor? for Man having had contact with a confirmed case of the disease Ebola. Dr. Raymonde Coffie-Goudou said that "this person is just a contact but is not sick, and no jurisdiction has confirmed his presence on the Ivorian territory." She said that "the alert Ivory Coast system has been activated in the health districts, particularly in border districts to Guinea" to find it.
This, following her information by her counterpart from Guinea, Wednesday, Oct. 22 "the fact that a health worker who had contact with a confirmed case of the disease Ebola have fled Guinea to Ivory Coast ".
In the interests of more information, she asked the World Health Organization (WHO Guinea) who said that it is "a man in his forty, of parents from Guinea and living in Man. And this person would exercise as a caregiver in Guinea area N'Z?r?kor?. "
At last report, Friday, Oct. 24, it would be a "man who was often commuting between Guinea, Man and Daloa. And research is underway to get hold of this person who would also be sought by the Guinean authorities for embezzlement and fraud. "
Regarding the confirmation of Ebola case in Mali, the Minister of Health assured that "the surveillance will be strengthened to the Ivorian-Malian border."
While calling the Ivorian population serenity, she insisted that "there is still no case of Ebola in Ivory Coast" and that to date the department records 49 cases of rumors.
http://www.gouv.ci/actualite_1.php?recordID=4965
------------------------------------------------------------------
Ebola / COTE D'IVOIRE: The health aide would be found
Date: 10/25/2014 11:34
In addition to his news conference this Saturday, the commission response against Ebola, through the national coordinator of fight, Dr. Sakoba Ke?ta, lifted the veil on the mysterious caregiver that was mentioned these days on the side of C?te d'Ivoire. He was notably found while he has not yet developed symptoms of the disease.
That said, Dr. Sakoba Keita did not reveal the identity of the carer. He simply said that the latter, contrary to some information that had been released, did not fled from the treatment center of Beyla. It would rather be a retired health worker who had already helped to treat the first cases of the epidemic in this prefecture, without necessarily knowing that it was Ebola. Because, says Dr. Sakoba, "as soon as he knew it was the disease, he fled to the neighboring country."
According to Dr. Sakoba, "It would appear that he has been found. He is not yet sick. "We would have noticed. The coordinator himself is cautious in disseminating this information. This implies that it be taken with a grain of salt. But where the carer is actually found, it would still be a contact that needs careful monitoring. About Dr. Sakoba Keita said that the Guinean authorities have indicated to the Ivorian Party, the hope that the carer is brought in Guinea "for him to follow its 21-day follow-up contact"
Anna Diakit? coorespondant Dabola
http://www.kababachir.com/2014/10/25/ebolacote-divoire-laide-soignant-retrouve/