• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

?Highly unlikely? Ebola cause of Burundian refugee death in Tanzania: UN

tetano

Editor, Senior Moderator
The United Nations in Tanzania called for calm Thursday saying it was ?highly unlikely? a Burundian refugee who died after bleeding from his eyes and ears had Ebola.
World Health Organization (WHO) experts have examined the death of the man on August 10, after he fell sick in a Burundian refugee camp in Tanzania?s northwestern Kigoma region.
?It is highly unlikely that he had Ebola, as review of the case by WHO shows that it does not meet the standard case definition for the disease,? WHO and the UN refugee agency UNHCR said in a statement. ?However precautions have been taken and continue.?


http://www.ngrguardiannews.com/2015...se-of-burundian-refugee-death-in-tanzania-un/
 
THURSDAY, AUGUST 13, 2015

Government probes Ebola scare in Kigoma
...
By Syriacus Buguzi The Citizen Correspondent
...
The 39-year-old developed Ebola-like symptoms and died three days ago at Maweni Regional Hospital in Kigoma, raising fears of an outbreak of the deadly viral disease in the Nyarugusu refugee camp.

The Ministry of Health and Social Welfare said yesterday that it had not been established whether the person died of Ebola, adding that samples had been sent for analysis in Dar es Salaam.

In a statement to the media, the ministry said that the deceased had no history of travelling to countries affected by Ebola and had no history of fever. It said further that there was no proof that the deceased had hosted any person from West African countries where Ebola had so far claimed more than 11,000 lives over the past one year.

...Public health authorities in Kigoma were tracing all people who might have come in direct contact with the deceased, who was not identified. All health workers who treated the person are being closely monitored for any signs and symptoms of Ebola.
...

http://www.thecitizen.co.tz/News/He...goma/-/1840340/2831608/-/12twin3/-/index.html
 
Back
Top