• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

H7N9, WHO stumbles with outdated public updates, while farmer becomes 6th fatality in China (The Standard, April 5 2013)

Giuseppe

Emeritus
[Source: The Standard, full text: (LINK).]

(H7N9 watch) WHO stumbles with outdated public updates, while farmer becomes sixth fatality in China


The World Health Organisation has fallen behind in its online reporting of casualties from the killer of H7N9 bird flu virus, largely concentrated in eastern China. Even as China reported the sixth death today, the WHO?s ?Global Alert Response? website announced that only three had died in an ?update? dated Thursday, April 4.

Even last night as authorities in China announced the fourth and fifth casualties, the WHO ?global alert update? mentioned three fatalities in China.

The WHO notification system for the public online has been struggling to keep up since Monday. The website shows just two ?updates? since April 1.

Yesterday, authorities in China?s glitzy commercial capital Shanghai began culling poultry in a market late night operation.

The sixth person whose death was reported today was a 64-year-old farmer, state media said. He died in Huzhou, in the eastern province of Zhejiang, local officials said according to Xinhua.

He is thought to be among 14 human cases of H7N9 previously confirmed, and is the second person from the Zhejiang to die from the strain, with the other four fatalities coming from Shanghai.

(?)
-
------
 
Back
Top