• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Guinea releases last 68 people from Ebola quarantine and last Ebola patient in Conakry

Pathfinder

Editor, Senior Moderator
Health | Sat Nov 14, 2015 9:40am EST Related: HEALTH

Guinea releases last 68 people from Ebola quarantine

The final 68 people who had been in contact with an Ebola patient were released from quarantine on Saturday, said a senior health official, raising hopes of an end to the disease in the last West African country with confirmed cases.
...
Dr. Abdourahmane Bathily, head of the Ebola center in Forecariah in western Guinea, said the 68 contacts had emerged from quarantine at midnight on Saturday morning.

"There are no longer any people who had contact with a person infected by the Ebola virus," said Bathily.

He added that the last confirmed Ebola case was a baby in isolation, who should be released from a treatment center next week, allowing for the West African nation to begin its own countdown clock.
...
http://www.reuters.com/article/2015/11/14/us-health-ebola-guinea-idUSKCN0T30X620151114
 
Guinea's last Ebola patient released from care in Conakry

56 minutes ago

The last known Ebola patient in Guinea has recovered and been released from a treatment centre in the capital, Conakry, health officials say.

A spokesman for Guinea's Ebola co-ordination unit said two tests on the patient - a baby - had been negative.

Guinea will be declared officially free of Ebola if no new cases are reported in the next six weeks.
...

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-34840692
 
Translation Google

Ebola: Baby Noubia, last patient known in Guinea is cured

Guinea - November 18
Ouest-France with agencies

The last known case of Ebola in Guinea, a little girl of three weeks whose mother had died shortly after giving birth, is officially declared cured.

The news came Monday directly from the World Health Organization (WHO) and Doctors Without Borders (MSF). The little girl, last known case of Ebola in Guinea, born of a 25 year old mother affected by the virus and who died after giving birth to her child, on 27 October, is now out of danger.

"The last test on the little girl was made Monday, and she was declared cured. She did not show any negative sign ", welcomed a source of WHO, which added that the newborn was named Noubia, the name of the nurse who helped her mother give birth. "Noubia responded well to treatment," also welcomed Laurence Sailly, emergency coordinator for MSF in Guinea.

Cared for since birth

"We are pleased that she has tested negative, but as this is the first baby to have been contaminated and was healed, she will continue to receive specialized medical support before returning home", has also insisted the head of MSF.

It is at the Ebola MSF treatment center in Conakry that Noubia was cared for since birth. The end of the epidemic could be declared in the country in late December, 42 days (ie twice the maximum incubation period of the virus) after the second negative test performed on Noubia, and no other case must be reported by then.

http://www.ouest-france.fr/monde/gu...ier-patient-connu-en-guinee-est-gueri-3849474
 
Translation Google

Tues., November 24 2015, 2:57 p.m. Posted By Nassiou Sow

End of Ebola in Guinea? Dr Sakoba Keita advises vigilance

"Stay vigilant, we are not very sure that there are no hidden cases in For?cariah or Conakry"

At a press conference Tuesday in Conakry, the national coordinator of the fight against Ebola, Dr Sakoba Keita, invited people to stand firm to end Ebola, which has been raging for two years in Guinea.

Accompanied by some colleagues and partners, he told the press that he has noted the resumption of customs, contamination factors and disease spread. "Since our last patient came out, we felt a loosening on the side of people, of services and even the transfer requests of bodies have increased. We are into the final stretch, we have not reached the end point. If we stop, the disease may cause contamination, "warns Dr. Sakoba in substance.

And remember that the transfer of bodies from one location to another is and remains prohibited, as he said, " it takes just one hidden case that appears somewhere for it to grow in terms of number of cases" .

Speaking of doctors who examine without protection, the coordinator invited the public to report these agents because, he recalled, the state imported a sufficient stock of gloves. "I ask the population to denounce any health worker who examines a patient without gloves as well as its structure. Currently, the state provides free gloves and they are required to wear them, "he announced.

Further, Dr. Sakoba reveals: " corpses are substracted in For?cariah to go bury them somewhere else. Yet currently, we are not very sure if there are no hidden cases in For?cariah or in Conakry. That's why we put 42 days before declaring the end of Ebola. If we were sure, why impose the 42 days? Everyone must stand firm. For it is this strength that will lead us towards the total end of Ebola. If you do not hold hands, we risk to go back and that will push us to 2016, "warns Dr. Sakoba.

"We need people to continue the good habits that we have had during this response. You've seen the case of Liberia, they have twice taken the countdown. Guinea has lived for 2 years with Ebola, we want to end it. This is the first time we have such a situation in Guinea and the cause of this persistence is our habits and customs especially the manipulations of the body. The 75% of infected cases are due to funerals and funeral ceremonies, "concluded the national coordinator of the fight against Ebola.


http://guineenews.org/fin-debola-en-...-la-vigilance/
 
Guinea's last Ebola case, a baby girl, leaves hospital

Source: Reuters - Sat, 28 Nov 2015

* Month-old Nubia was country's last reported Ebola case

* First baby to recover from Ebola-positive mother
* Recovery hailed as symbol of progress in two-year epidemic

"This is a very happy day for us," Laurence Sailly, head of medical charity Medecins Sans Frontieres'(MSF) emergency team in Guinea, told Reuters on Saturday. "It was very moving for us and the family to be able to touch her without gloves."

MORE:
 
Back
Top