• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Dominican Republic reports second death from swine flu

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Dominican Republic reports second death from swine flu

Tuesday, June 23, 2009


Santo Domingo .- A woman of 50 years became the second victim of the deadly swine flu in the Dominican Republic, authorities reported on Tuesday.

The unidentified woman died in a hospital who was admitted to the weekend, told the press Health Minister Bautista Rojas.

"The lady was admitted with a diagnosis of pneumonia, but to perform an autopsy that the body was positive (influenza virus A H1N1)," said Rojas.

The first death was reported in early June and it was a pregnant teenager who suffered from tuberculosis.

Dominican has so far confirmed 108 cases of swine flu.

http://www.primerahora.com/diario/n...porta_segunda_muerte_por_gripe_porcina/310133
 
Re: Dominican Republic reports second death from swine flu

Source: http://www.exonline.com.mx/diario/n..._en_republica_dominicana_por_influenza/639874

23-June-2009
Recorded two deaths from influenza in Dominican Republic
EFE
(03:37 p.m.)
The first fatal victim of the disease was registered in the country earlier this month and it was a couple of 17 years

SANTO DOMINGO .- A woman of 50 years died in the Dominican Republic due to influenza A and became the second fatality of the disease in the country, where 108 were confirmed hit by the virus, health authorities reported today premises.

The woman, who lived in the town of Higuey, died "a few days in the hospital of the Plaza de la Salud, in the Dominican capital, said the Undersecretary of Public Health, Nelson Rodriguez.

The deceased, whose name was not revealed by the officer, had been diagnosed with pneumonia.


The first fatal victim of the disease was registered in the country earlier this month and it was a couple of 17 years, pregnant at 27 weeks gestation and that, according to the Ministry of Public Health, and cardiologists had a history of tuberculosis, what the patient becoming a "very high risk."

The General Directorate of Epidemiology reported today that the country has been studied 290 thousand cases of influenza A, of which 108 had positive results.

Of the total affected, 19 have required hospitalization, according to the latest bulletin of the General Directorate of Epidemiology.

According to the source, 67 of the cases relate to the National District, 19 in the province of Santo Domingo, La Altagracia five, four and three in Santiago Peravia.

While Monte plant, Samana, Puerto Plata and La Romana, two deaths each, and Valverde, and a San Pedro de Macoris.

JGL
 
Re: Dominican Republic reports second death from swine flu

Source: http://www.dominicantoday.com/dr/lo...-authorities-announce-a-second-AH1N1-fatality

Local - 24 June 2009, 8:39 AM

Health authorities announce a second AH1N1 fatality


SANTO DOMINGO.- The Health authorities announced the second mortal victim of the AH1N1 virus, while they investigate the death of a 6-month old baby who passed away in the Robert Reid Cabral children?s hospital, suspected of having the disease.

The virus?s new fatal victim is a woman of over 50 years of age, resident in Hig?ey (east), said Health minister Bautista Rojas, who confirmed 108 AH1N1 cases and 19 hospitalizations.


The woman?s symptoms began at the beginning of June in her native town and were she was hospitalized for several days in a clinic, which referred her to the Plaza de la Salud General Hospital, where she passed away diagnosed with pneumonia, though the subsequent autopsy resulted AH1N1 positive.
 
Back
Top