• FluTrackers.com Inc. does not provide medical advice. Information on this web site is collected from various internet resources, and the FluTrackers board of directors makes no warranty to the safety, efficacy, correctness or completeness of the information posted on this site by any author or poster. The information collated here is for instructional and/or discussion purposes only and is NOT intended to diagnose or treat any disease, illness, or other medical condition. Every individual reader or poster should seek advice from their personal physician/healthcare practitioner before considering or using any interventions that are discussed on this website. By continuing to access this website you agree to consult your personal physican before using any interventions posted on this website, and you agree to hold harmless FluTrackers.com Inc., the board of directors, the members, and all authors and posters for any effects from use of any medication, supplement, vitamin or other substance, device, intervention, etc. mentioned in posts on this website, or other internet venues referenced in posts on this website.
  • We are not asking for any donations. Do not donate to any entity who says they are raising funds for us.

Dominican Republic: Hospitals "on the verge of collapse" after overflow of people with chikungunya

Gert van der Hoek

In Memoriam - Editor, Senior Moderator
Computertranslation

Published on June 5, 2014

Hospitals collapse by chikungunya cases

The crisis in hospitals has increased after the emergency overflow of people affected with chikungunya virus, and some centers are analytical reagents and even solutions.

Doctors Hospital Luis Eduardo Aybar (Morgan), who asked to keep his identity to avoid labor retaliation, said that this center is on the verge of collapse if the authorities do not solve the problems that affect them.

"We are working with bare hands, unbearably hot, we just need a fan to five doctors who work here totalmenta crammed in a small space with little ventilation," said the hospital doctors Thursday.

This morning at the health center reported that the director, Dr. Cesar Jesurum, manager Juan Moreno and chef, Miguel G?mez Castillo, had been dismissed, but the Communications Director of the Ministry of Public Health, Eduardo Rosario, He said these resigned their positions, but did not explain the reasons.

It was reported that the new director was appointed Dr. Manuel Mendez. Close to noon, Dr. Enriquillo Matos was meeting at the hospital with stakeholders and the new director.

"Our situation here is difficult, and we are working with nothing in their hands, we have to send patients to private laboratories to be tested because there is no reagents," said a doctor.

The Health Minister Freddy Hidalgo N??ez said that hospitals have been reinforced with through medical emergencies to attend to those affected by chikungunya. In addition to inputs and units of work have increased for operating.

El Nacional
 
Back
Top